Does anyone get their underarm waxed?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shoppergal Posts: 1179
Girls, just wondering if any of you get under your arms waxed. I'd love to get it done for the honeymoon but can imagine that it would be very painful? How much growth do you have to leave before you can get them done?
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
FUCK NO!!!! I imagine it would be very painful.....
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="misty21":ixte0nbe]FUCK NO!!!! I imagine it would be very painful.....[/quote:ixte0nbe] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: yeah thats what I think!
superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
[quote="misty21":3cntlje4]FUCK NO!!!! I imagine it would be very painful.....[/quote:3cntlje4] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: it is meant to be sooooo painful!!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
I got it done for the wedding. Yeah it was a bit painful and was a bit tender afterwards but wouldnt put me off getting it done again
14thmay2010 Posts: 148
Its not that bad, i started getting my waxed a while ago and its great lasts for ages, ive dark hair and i found that even after i shaved my underarms i would have a lovely shadow under there, not a good look. Waxing is great. But i would advise getting them waxed a few times before the wedding as the first few times you will have double growth its from shaving as the hair grows at differnt stages, where afeter a few waxes the double growth will be gone and you will have lovely smooth hair free underarms :)
ohsomarried Posts: 242
Its not as sore as you think esp with the hot wax. Just make sure its not around you time of the month, waxing always seems to hurt a little more. Another tip, if you dont do pain at all, take 2 nurofen about 30 mins before you appointment :)
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
getting them lasered, which is great! was always too scared to get them waxed. although always used to get bikini line waxed and didnt mind that (it's being lasered as well!!)
b2b2010 Posts: 85
I get it done regulary. It's really not too bad pain wise. I have not managed to get double growth under control. I have tried leaving it as long as possible between waxes but after 4 days hair is growing back. I always seem to get a few ingrown hairs under right arm too. Advantages and disadvantages to everything I guess. Would love to get laser hair removal.
shoppergal Posts: 1179
Thanks everyone. Can I ask those who've had it done how long do you have to let the hair grow before it can be waxed. I normally shave underarms every day and can't imagine letting it go too much. Also, what's double growth? How long could I expect to get out of it?