Does anyone have a Jane Rider or Trider Travel System?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busbybabe Posts: 562
I'm seriously looking at getting the Jane Rider Travel system. Jane doesn't seem to be very popular over here but we noticed it was huge in Spain. I really fell in love with the Jane Rider when on holidays a few weeks ago. gave it a test drive in El Corte Inglés :) Just wondering if anybody has one and what you think of it?
Just bumping! Any Jane owners out there at all?
hoping4no2 Posts: 38
Yes I'm a Jané owner but not a Rider. I have the Slalom Pro. There is fantastic quality in the Slalom Pro but I will say that it is very big and heavy. I got the carry cot to go with it. The chair part of the buggy can go on to face you or when they're older it can face forwards. I am happy with mine but the size is a bit cumbersome. However, LO is over 3 and could still comfortably go in it if need be although he doesn't!!! The Rider looks nice and light. I ordered and saved a bit through Samuel Johnston in the North (I'm not attached to them in anyway!) Best of luck with making your choice - it's a huge but exciting one!
[quote="hoping4no2":2hop2ejh]Yes I'm a Jané owner but not a Rider. I have the Slalom Pro. There is fantastic quality in the Slalom Pro but I will say that it is very big and heavy. I got the carry cot to go with it. The chair part of the buggy can go on to face you or when they're older it can face forwards. I am happy with mine but the size is a bit cumbersome. However, LO is over 3 and could still comfortably go in it if need be although he doesn't!!! The Rider looks nice and light. I ordered and saved a bit through Samuel Johnston in the North (I'm not attached to them in anyway!) Best of luck with making your choice - it's a huge but exciting one![/quote:2hop2ejh] I had seen a few slalom Pros in town. Very sturdy pushchairs but I did think it was a little too bulky for me. The rider is really neat and nippy and the only fault I can find is a small basket. Do you mind me asking if it was just the standard carrycot you got or the transporter? I'm sold on the transporter as we can use it as a moses basket for the first few weeks and also we have along distance to travel to my parents so this would be ideal!
[url:2wb0t3uk]http://www.samueljohnston.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=611[/url:2wb0t3uk] This is what I got with the isofix base also. Did you think about getting the matrix carrycot/car seat? It doubles as both - can be flat or upright. Can't remember why I didn't go for the matrix - perhaps if I remember correctly the matrix doesn't go on an isofix. I basically got the carrycot because I was paranoid about the baby being in carseat position for too long say if you were driving to Dublin and then going around shopping centre for a couple of hrs. but that's just me!!
[quote="hoping4no2":28bogx18][url:28bogx18]http://www.samueljohnston.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=611[/url:28bogx18] This is what I got with the isofix base also. Did you think about getting the matrix carrycot/car seat? It doubles as both - can be flat or upright. Can't remember why I didn't go for the matrix - perhaps if I remember correctly the matrix doesn't go on an isofix. I basically got the carrycot because I was paranoid about the baby being in carseat position for too long say if you were driving to Dublin and then going around shopping centre for a couple of hrs. but that's just me!![/quote:28bogx18] I think the new matrix light 2 is compatible with isofix. I have looked at it and am considering it. I suppose I just felt the transporter would be great to use instead of a moses basket/cot for the first few weeks as we are tight for space where we live even though the matrix light might be better value for money! I'm new to all this but I know we do spend a lot of time in the car and outdoors so just wanted to make the right choice.
Yes the transporter would be good to use as an alternative to a moses basket. It is very bulky for a car boot with the wheels. However, it can be attached into the car with seat belts like the matrix but I never used it like that. It was just for getting out and about for walks as DS was a winter baby and it was really cosy for that.
Miss Happiness Posts: 85
I just bought the Slalom Pro at weekend for our first due in June. Bought it 2nd hand & it looks brand new. We bought it too the inlaws & they can't get over how light it is. I love the fact that it is so adaptable & changeable. If buying new I recommend Samuel Johnston website as they were defo best priced.
MissHappiness: Managed to pick up the Jane Ride travel system for €520 in Eurobaby in Swords just before Christmas. They were clearing the range as it's just not popular in the Republic! This is the exact one I got in burgundy with the rabbit inside! [url:2sk9upqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP_m4qJquLw[/url:2sk9upqc] Was thrilled as it saved us a trip to Belfast and I love it to bits :o)ll
Miss Happiness Posts: 85
Ah fantastic. So hard to get here. Can't wait to take it for a spin