Does anyone know how means testing is calculated?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

laserbride Posts: 104
Hubbie being assessed at the moment but they can't tell him anything yet. The various government websites are as clear as mud on the issue. A simple calculator would be so handy.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
If you want I can email you a rough calculator that I got on boards.ie last year. It wouldn't be 100% accurate but it will give you some idea... If you want it PM me your email address
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
Well put it this way, i earn 527e p/w and it was calculated that DH gets 28e p/w >:o( >:o( and he only noticed yesterday that for the last 3 wks he's only been getting 14e O:| O:| He was meant to ring them today but never got the chance. Must mention too that he got full payment for 12 months then it got means tested :o( :o(
laserbride Posts: 104
[quote="LastRolo":cj8pyrif]If you want I can email you a rough calculator that I got on boards.ie last year. It wouldn't be 100% accurate but it will give you some idea... If you want it PM me your email address[/quote:cj8pyrif] I got the calculators from boards already but there are a few variations and no one seems to know for sure what actual rates apply. I can't understand why SW don't give simple examples so people can estimate what they'll get. How is anyone supposed to budget? O:| That's tough Lizzy1. By my calculations (whether they're right or wrong is anyone's guess) hubbie will be entitled to the grand old sum of €17 per week. Nice >:o(
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="Lizzy1":3g3de1xc]Well put it this way, i earn 527e p/w and it was calculated that DH gets 28e p/w >:o( >:o( and he only noticed yesterday that for the last 3 wks he's only been getting 14e O:| O:| He was meant to ring them today but never got the chance. Must mention too that he got full payment for 12 months then it got means tested :o( :o([/quote:3g3de1xc] He must of got full payment because he was on Jobseekers Benefit, which is based on your contributions that you've paid from work. Once these go you have to be means tested :o(
zoesmama Posts: 2774
The Threshold seems to be v low - I have been told I will not be entitled to anything due to DH's salary. JB finishes in 2 weeks and no sign of a job so thing will be v tight for us.
theoracle Posts: 7664
Zoesmama, you can apply for Family Income Supplement You would have to give up JA as they are mutually exclusive, ask within your local citizens office.