Does it suprise you how people reacted to your pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mama sugar Posts: 1387
Well just wondering, Our neighbours next door we wouldn't be the best of friends but we babysat their son one night and would be good enough friends they are such lovely people. The arrived in with a big bunch of flowers and chocolates and card saying congratulations, the mum said she can't wait to have a friend for her son awhhhhh how adorable. Then a friend I used to work with just droped up a bunch of flowers to work saying congrats.......had to pretend hubby was in bad books no one knows in work!!!! well thats what the engineer asked and I say oh no he is not in the bad books ...but didn't tell him who they were from :o0 xxxx
The Wife! Posts: 384
Ahh thats lovely ( except for the friend) well congratulations!!!!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Yes! Funnily enough I just got a gorgeous bunch of flowers from one of my friends (a bloke!) today and am really touched. So far, the people I thought would be a bit weird about it have been really fantastic. On the other hand, have had a rather subdued reaction from a couple of people I thought would make more of a fuss. Life is full of suprises!
knitter Posts: 183
I would never second-guess or wonder about the way people react to news of a pregnancy. I have a very good friend who has fertility problems and over the years she has had to see lots of family and friends have babies, knowing that she may never have one of her own. It is heartbreaking for her and I know she finds it extremely hard to cope with when she hears of each new pregnancy.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Just a nice story on this - today I mentioned to the lovely old guy (67) who cuts our garden that we are expecting a baby next May. And he was so happy for us! Also, guess what he is the ONLY person to have guessed beforehand that I was pregnant. He said he had said to his wife after the last time he saw me he was sure I was expecting because I "had a look about me" that reminded him of his own daughters when they were pregnant. So sweet! Was nearly in floods of tears. :weep
babe06 Posts: 898
I think I just got my BFP -and I am in floods reading this!! This is ridiculous! Wel i am very emotional! I can't wait to tell people - first grandchild in my family and I know they're all dying for it. And same with my friends. They call me the mammy of the group! I'll be in knots!!
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
Am a bit ignorant...what does BFP mean? Just browsing through the forums...
Sassy Posts: 2269
Congradulations babe06 thats great news. It will be so exciting for your family :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll