Does the internet take over your life?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
Just wondering how much time a day everyone spends on the net, as in this forum/facebook etc..... basically not working if you get me Me, in work i use it a lot cos we are pretty quiet (dead actually), then the odd time at the weekend I watched a show recently where a girl was on facebook like 10 hrs a day! And pretty much neglecting her kids! Does anyone feel its kind of taking over their lives? With the recent arguements on WOL I wonder if some posters actually take a lot of what is said on this forum (and others) to heart and are worried in their private lives if you get me (I don't mean bullying but that they take some things too seriously) ETS h2b is watching the bloody golf which is why I'm online tonight, can't wait for it to be over! At least I have a few glasses of vino ahead of me!!
Jawl Posts: 8881
I'm logged in most of the time in work, wouldnt always be at the desk though. Hour or two at night. Only at the moment though because I'm online researching wedding things. Other than that it would be to book a flight/hotel, google something. The internet is a very handy thing. It's time to switch off the internet though and step away from the laptop when you start to take it seriously on forums like this and take it personally :ooh
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
wedding planning is taking over my evenings!! just browsing different wedding-related stuff, particularly this website! before engagement tho, usually less than an hour a day
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
I find it hard to answer that as when in work (3 days a week) its open in the background all day as for the evenings it really depends on whats on TV or if im home early
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Mine is always on and I dip in and out of it during the day. I would never not do some thing because if the internet.. say not go shopping go for a walk etc etc. I would be lost with out my internet though!!
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
[quote="Scarlett O Hara ":22zipdxy]Mine is always on and I dip in and out of it during the day. I would never not do some thing because if the internet.. say not go shopping go for a walk etc etc. I would be lost with out my internet though!![/quote:22zipdxy] This would be me but i did find i was starting to use it a lot like hours on end when i was off sick,now im back to work,ill be back to whenever i can
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
The internet is on all the time in work so I'm always searching something, probably mainly out of boredom/escapism. Hubby would be on it for a while at home after work and I may dip into WOL/Facebook, if there's nothing on the box - or more than likely, he's watching some cr*p! :o0 I'd be on the internet more times than usual if I was trying to research something, otherwise it's just browsing.
coldpants Posts: 57
The internet is my life. I have no other life. I just sit here hoping for some attention.
Doll Face Posts: 3721
I always have it open in work (in the background)and maybe if i need to check something in the evening id turn on the laptop but other than that no i have a life :o0 :o0
candypants Posts: 8575
[quote="coldpants":1cpquet7]The internet is my life. I have no other life. I just sit here hoping for some attention.[/quote:1cpquet7] now im really thinking your LGFAK :o0 :o0 :o0