Does this church music sound ok?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Asics Posts: 1935
I will have a singer & someone on a piano Entrance: Canon on D (piano) Lighting of the candles: Air on a G string (piano) Psalm: Here Iam Lord Lighting of the candles: Air on a G string (piano) Offeretory: Ave Maria The sign of peace: Make me a channel Communion: You raise me up Nella Fantasia Gabriels Oboe (piano) Signing of the register: Fields of Gold The Rose Recessional: From this moment Am I missing anything and is it all in the right order? Do you think it would sound ok :wv
tippgirl2010 Posts: 91
Sounds lovely to me. I haven't got to the stage of organising the church music so can offer no help with regards to order of it or if anything is missing. I would presume that whoever is doing th emusic would be able to tell you that or maybe the priest. I pariculuraly love The Rose and From this moment. They are both on my list for the church for when we get to meeting with our church singer. Good luck with sorting out the music
IckleStar Posts: 362
Sounds lovely. In the midst of doing this too and have some of the same ones so far...one question do you have to check music with priest , have feeling you do?? Entrance: Canon on D (piano) [color=#FF0000:fzvuqlgg]Same but on Cello[/color:fzvuqlgg] Lighting of the candles: Air on a G string (piano) Psalm: Here Iam Lord Lighting of the candles: Air on a G string (piano) Offeretory: Ave Maria [color=#FF0000:fzvuqlgg]Same[/color:fzvuqlgg] The sign of peace: Make me a channel Communion: You raise me up Nella Fantasia Gabriels Oboe (piano) Signing of the register: Fields of Gold The Rose Recessional: From this moment
Well its my SIL who is doing the singing & a friend is playing the piano so they wouldn't really be that sure if there was something missing because they don't do weddings that often. Im not worried about there capabilities as ive heard SIL sing & she is brill & my friend playing the piano is a piano teacher so im assuming she is good :hyper: I just want to make sure that im not missing anything & of course that it is in the right order :-8 Glad you like some of the songs my head was wrecked last week you tubing every song & trying to hear them played on piano to make sure it sounded alright :hic weddingmadness0810 it is best to check with your priest that all your soong choices are ok some of them can be fussy & especially if your getting them printed in the mass booklet check before you get them printed :wv
Just bumping this up for the weekday Wollies :o)ll :o)ll does anyone know if im missing anything or have I got everything covered?
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
hi someday mrs!! you might find this useful but you've more or less covered everything anyway. Just a quick suggestion - you might want to run your communion choices past your priest just in case as niether of them are hymns and most priests like to keep the communion part of the ceremony sacred :thnk Siobhan
Thanks Siobhan your a star :thnk :wv