Does this happen in your relationship

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

overthemoon! Posts: 1479
hi all
Crostini Posts: 1105
nope, we're normally arguing over who gets to pay!
mrspants Posts: 4652
No way!! It wouldna't matter whose idea it was, my h2b would always offer to pay or i would - depends on who has cash handy really. Sounds kind of odd to me!
HighMaintenance26 Posts: 2303
No he wouldn' refuse to pay at all, we normally pay time about that way it is fairer, but if I suggest eating out I will always pay for it and likewise if he suggests eating out he will pay for it.
well i would never have that problem. either i pay for the lot or pay for my own half. i think its a disgusting trait in a person. sorry im ranting mad but its the way i feel right now. no such thing as a night out anymore because of the arguing.
mrspants Posts: 4652
How long are ye together? Do ye share bills at home? TBH, i would not be able to deal with that at all. We split all our money, its OUR money, not his and mine. Now i know some people prefer to have things seperate maybe with a joint a/c for some things and fair enough if both people are happy. But it seems to me that your situation is making you unhappy so therefore it is not working. Its very important in all aspects of a relationship that both people agree to the way things are - be it nights out, kids or money.
HighMaintenance26 Posts: 2303
[quote="southeastgal":325yepny]well i would never have that problem. either i pay for the lot or pay for my own half. if we go on family nights out where i would pay for my family h2b would come along (of course dont get me wrong) but would sit there and not put his hand in his pocket all night to buy a drink or offer to help me out with the meal which usually runs to €200. its embarrassing to be honest in front of my family. but nights out are ruined each time when he refuses to ask for the bill in case he has to pay for it/ignores it once it comes to the table/or puts his half of the bill on the litte plate. hate him for it, i think its a disgusting trait in a person. sorry im ranting mad but its the way i feel right now. no such thing as a night out anymore because of the arguing.[/quote:325yepny] I understand where your coming from, I used to go out with a guy like that, he was a miserable sod, expected me to pay for everything. It is embarrassing for you especially out with your family. Does he work or has he financial difficulty. I know the lad I was going out with had a good job, earned a lot more than me but he was just a tightwad. One time me and the ex went out for my birthday (his suggestion to take me out for a meal) and I ended up paying for it :ooh
SilverGirl Posts: 1517
We share all our money so its not like I have my own money and H2B has his. Its our money so when we go out it doesnt matter who pays!
he earns more than me but his stupid ass mother has it drilled in to him to have everyhing 50/50. I heard her myself. my car goes everywhere, he reluctantly paid for dinner a few weeks back ( as i sat back) and because i asked for a glass of white wine to finish off the night he was like a dog & didnt talk for the rest of the night.
keepitsimple Posts: 966
OMG i'm shocked that he does that. No wonder you are upset - I would kick his ass for him. I hate nothing more than meanness in a person! It's time to put a halt to that. Next time a meal out is suggested especially if he suggests it, on the way out the door say 'have you got money on you cos I don't' - either that or don't even bring your purse and then he'll have to pay - either that or ye will be on wash up :o0 If he says anything say 'i paid the last 100 times I thought it is surely your turn this time'. Have you ever passed the bill to him and said 'here your turn to pay'? you should do this in front of family or friends!!!!! Yes definately time to put your foot down there or you'll be paying up for the rest of your life!!