Does this seem silly??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovelyb2b Posts: 733
Hi all My H2B is big into farming, tractors etc. Since I have known him he als has said he would like to collect model tractors but he has never started doing this. Now I am thinking for my wedding pres to him I was going to buy 1 or 2 of these for him and kick start his collection. Only trouble is I not into them at all so would need to get advice as to the best ones to look for or at. Anyway does that sound like a silly wedding pres, should I be looking for something better? I just wanted to get him something I really think he'd like etc and appreciate. Advice please!!!!!!!!! :wv
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Well i think its a lovely present, his collection will grow with your marriage.... in 50 years time he'll be there with the grandkids going and this is the first tractor "Nana lovelyb2b" bought me etc.... I say go for it xx
MissMuppet Posts: 2085
Not silly at all, I think its a lovely idea... *) The way I look at it, if he likes model tractors and he'd love to start collecting them, then I think thats a wonderful idea of how to get him started. Go for it, I think is a great idea... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
That sounds like a great idea... It's very thoughful and he really wants to get into collecting them. I think it would be a lovely thing to do and years from now when he has a bigger collection he can say you kickstarted it. It could even become like an heirloom or common interest if ye have kids. I'm very sentimental myself so I definitely like the idea. Go for it :o)ll
aston Posts: 4100
hi lovelyb2be! Bets of luck with the wedding etc! Think it is a lovely idea! If you are giving your H2B a pressie it should be something personal that he will know you spent time thinking about etc! Id say he will really appreciate it! Try to find out what type of tractors he is into? My DH is a farmer too and adores John Deeres :-8 ! Know there is a john deere website just google it and you can get model tractors etc from there! Best of luck, think its a great idea x
Ah thanks girls I didn't really think about the grand kids things :o0 :o0 But yeah maybe to look back in yrs to come when he has a few it would be nice to know that I helped him kick start it..... You all are brill, may find somebody that can help me now!:yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Don't know if there would be too many tractor lovers on here :o0 :o0 Thanks again all, really appreciate it :wv
mrspants Posts: 4652
there are some great model tractors on e-bay. i got one off them last year and it was by far the best thing my h2b ever got!
Hi hotpants By any chance do you rem the type of tractor it was. I really am hopeless at this as I not into them at all O:| Alot of research may be put into it :o0 :o0 Thanks :wv
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
My H2B is really into model planes, cars etc. Don't know where you are based but there is a great model shop in Dublin called Mark's Models- have loads of stuff in there and they are really nice (they get a lot of clueless wives and girlfriends in looking for pressies!!). Hamleys also have some in Dundrum, but can be more expensive. Also I can get you a list of websites he buys from in UK- sometimes they have more stuff than you can get here... God, it is quite depressing that I know all this!!! I used to just know shoe shops!! :o0 If you want the websites let me know and I'll ask him for them tonight. I think it's a lovely present idea.
Rocksie That would be just brill if you could send me some of those websites. I know its amazing what we do for those husbands :o0 :o0 I never dreamed I would be looking for some help to buy a tractor but I know he'll like it :yelrotflmaosmilie: or have a stroke I bought him one :compress :compress :o0 Thanks mill