Menu

Dog Friendly Hotel! Yay!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happyfamily Posts: 3323
Hi girls! I just wanted to let ye know that myself and my OH went to a wedding recently in Ballykisteen hotel and golf club in Co Tipperary. They have self catering lodges that we stayed in that were goreous! It's a 4* hotel. I notices info on their website that they are pet-friendly so when i was checking out i asked the receptionist about it. She said it's 12e extra per night for a dog to stay (fair enough i think, extra cleaning etc) and that only 2 of the lodges are designated pet friendly. They have a dog bed and 2 dog bowls. The surrounding area is lovely and you're a very short dive to the galtee mountains for a bit of hill walking. We're definitely hoping to go there with our pooch sometime as I hate putting him into the kennel when we go away and i'm always rushing back home to collect him as early as I can (even tho he loves the kennel!). Anybody else know of any pet-friendly holiday destinations? We're saving money for the wedding so no big summer holiday this year. We'd like to do a few weekends away in Ireland instead.
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Oh she did say as well that you are liable for any damage your dog does to the apartment so they advise that you should have liability insurance of your own but it's not a prerequisite. I wouldn't bring my dog anywhere like that unless i could trust him anyway!!
shazfla Posts: 432
Renvyle House Hotel in Connemara is dog/pet friendly its a fab hotel lots of lovely walks and the food is divine.
poppylops Posts: 1363
The fairways hotel in Dundalk is pet friendly! Its close to the beach so u go go on nice walks.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Cool must look it up, we've been sayin we would love to treat the dogs since the wedding as they were in kennels for 11 days and got so depressed esp the older one, we swore we were never leaving them again! Wonder would they allow 3 dogs or have they a max no they allow?
poppylops Posts: 1363
Dont know. Im sure they would let u take as many as u want if they are pet friendly. Its a lovely hotel. Really nice food and the staff are lovely
trance Posts: 3129
There's a section on the Oh My Dog website that has a list of pet friendly accomodation all over the country, I think there's one on the Irish Animals website as well, so nice to see some hotels welcoming our pooches
pauline722 Posts: 323
the twelve hotel in Galway & harvey's point in Donegal. Both fab hotels.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Oh this is a great thread. We're renting a holiday home this year and have found a pet friendly one so our doggie can come too. Love the thoughts of a hotel though :o)ll :o)ll
Littlebo Posts: 2598
This is a fantastic thread and I am thrilled as we want to go away for a couple of days too but I want to bring the dogs too! I know Lyrath in Kilkenny are pet friendly but the dogs can't stay in the Hotel, they have a Kennell service where they come and collect your Dog and bring them back. Anymore places? I think Hayfield manor in Cork maybe another one.