dog sniffing my belly

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

no 2 2013 Posts: 361
does anybodys dog sniff your belly? i heard before that dogs can sense something when you are pregnant but the other day my guy sniffed all around my belly *) , i thought it was so cute, tried to get him to do it again but he wont do it, just wondering if anyone else has ever seen it
redfly Posts: 358
I have 2 dogs. One of them came over to me few months ago when i was sitting on the chair with my belly hanging out :-8 and start licking it. Thought it was so cute. The other guy is gone extremely protective over me. Won't let anyone near me without putting up a fight. :heartbeat:
sinion Posts: 6050
One of my dogs becomes my shadow when I'm pregnant, it's one of the first signs of pregnancy for me!
apple drop Posts: 331
Im the same as you Sinoin, my dog is my shadow now the last week or two! He was the same when i was pregnant with DD *) It was pretty cute, except when he was under my feet all the time, and couldn't see him with the big bump!! :o0 :o0 :o0
Aurge Posts: 1456
My dog seemed afraid of my belly when I was pg, tho always stared at it. But on some of my many emotional days through pregnancy she would just stand with her head on my lap while I cried. Sometimes over nothing :o0 You all know what Im talking about.....I hope :-8 She'd never do that any other time & hasnt since even through my baby blues, wagon !! Only when I was preggars !!
Painter2 Posts: 218
My dog usually sleeps curled up on my lap in front of the tv. But the last two weeks she has started to do this thing where she lies facing me and rests her head on my tummy!! Then she'll sleep like that for ages! Shes never done it before. And she nudged my tummy a few times...though that could just be coincidence!! So cute.
justwed09 Posts: 2349
my dog started when i was about 3 months pregnant. now he trys his best to sleep on my tummy :o0
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
hey hon, my mils dog always sits beside me when we call to them, and when i pull into the drive he is at the car waiting for me, only since i got PG, and our own 2 dogs, the girl dog yesterday, came over to me and put her head on my lap and snuggled into me, while i sat outside in the sun for a while, to clear a headache, shes cute .
tilsun Posts: 4506
My parents dog definitely changed towards me when I got pregnant. Much more attentive when I go to their house. A bit too much crotch sniffing for my liking :o(