Doing an evening college course..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammyslittlerogue Posts: 2184
I dunno where to start but every yeari want to do a night course and every year Sept comes and im not dong one! I like my job but i wont go anywhere in it... just do Admin, not thta i want a highly responsible job or anything. My dream would to be a primary school teacher, SNA, school secretary or even a resourse teacher. I did an SNA course yrs ago but i didnt learn a thing it wasnt what i thought it would be but when i look at the corses now i think they sound alt more like what i had in mind bu my am keeps telling me that no point doing the same course agai (to me there is coz i remember nothing), i would find it so interesting and i would get a great sence of self achievment ot of it i think its the next best thing to becoming a teacher (for me), ivealways loved kids and wanted to wrk withthem butthe likes of creche would be moving backwards, we couldnt fford the pay droip as im the main earner. But ion saying all this i love working parttime (i work 3 days) and i never want to work full time again! :o0 I want a job that i feel good coming ot of at the end of the day, like ive helped someone or something not justtyped up a few letters and answered the phones! I wish was creative or good enough atsomething that icould set up a business and work from home but im not!!! I dont actually know what im looking for people to say her but just getting it off my chest!! Every year this happens and i look up courses, i was going to do a Social Studies course last Sept and look into Residential Care as a career but a friend does it and its turned me off (and that without knowng the stries behind stuff as its all confidential)!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
So why have you not signed up? You'll regret it if you don't! (that's supposed to be a kindly kick up the ar$e!)
mammyslittlerogue Posts: 2184
[quote="sassypants":ysktiola]So why have you not signed up? You'll regret it if you don't! (that's supposed to be a kindly kick up the ar$e!)[/quote:ysktiola] Awh i need one i regret it evey year! I think ill really look into it! Its hard to get a course near me!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
DO IT! You'll feel much better for it. I was putting off and putting off doing a part time course through work and then in 2006 I finally decided to do it. Qualified in 2009 and felt great about myself. Also helped financially! Go on, best of luck to you. DO IT!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
I could of written your post. EVERY year I've been meaning to do an evening course - but have I yet?? No.... I don't know what to do, something in the Business end like Bookkeeping or something like Childcare or learning a language. I was kinda glad I didn't do it last September as the bad weather would of meant that I would of missed a lot of days but O will do it in February next year for sure......once I pick what course to do... Expect a post over the coming months looking for advice!
Littlebo Posts: 2598
That's me too! I am doing it this year, I have to. It's just the travelling after work as I don't live near a college. That's just laziness on my part...have to get up and do it!