Menu

Domino's whats your views ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snugglebuggle Posts: 1084
Hi girls Anyone going with Dominos ?? or anyone after been just thinking of going with Dominos this time round went private last time ,but don't think we will be going private this time !!!
Sorry please ignore this post as I'm out just got a call from the Dominos to say that I'm out,as I had a previous section :o(
alton Posts: 3077
snuggle, if all goes well this time, and you have a vbac, you might still be eligible for the early transfer home scheme. Did you discuss this with them? At least then, you'd get part of the service.
Hi Alton No did'nt get to discuss anything really as she just said no they would'nt take anyone in the high risk catagory will see tho when I go to hosp wats they say whenever I get my appontment notice sent it today.
alton Posts: 3077
Snugglebuggle, you might need to ring them directly. The hospital staff can be really clueless about the various systems and schemes. As far as I know, the ETH team is different to the domino team, and they don't need to see you ante-natally for you to qualify. That said, you can just announce that you want to go home from your hospital bed when the time comes and they will arrange that for you too. hth
babs76 Posts: 1000
Girls forgive my ignorance but what is/are Domino's?
Irish Wedding DJ Posts: 1436
Its a Pizza company
strangeangel Posts: 1269
[quote="Irish Wedding DJ.com":1uzo8p2q]Its a Pizza company[/quote:1uzo8p2q] LOL :) That's what I kept thinking when I saw this thread. Domino is a scheme operated by some hospitals in specific catchment area where women with low risk pregnancies have all antenatal care with midwives only. Midwives also attend the birth and no consultant is involved as long as no complications arise. Mothers and babies are released fairly quickly after the birth as long as both are fine and midwives do follow-up visits at home over the next two weeks to check on them. I'm doing this with Holles St and have all my antenatal appointments in the Community Midwives clinic in Dun Laoghaire - I only go into Holles St for the anomaly scan and the birth (fingers crossed that there are no complications). You can find more info on the Holles St schemes here: http://www.nmh.ie/iopen24/pub/commw/NMH ... ochure.pdf
Apoligies if it came across on thread as a pizza company !!!! Thanks Alton will ring up and find out,not getting my hope up tho. :wv