don't feel so bad this time

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

charlie crown Posts: 377
Got my AF this morning and for the first time since ttc I'm not as disappointed as I have been over the past few months. Not sure why really we have been ttc for 5 months now. Maybe I'm just coming to terms with the long journey this may turn out to be, or is it a case of losing hope? Can anyone relate?
Spoon Posts: 207
Oh Charlie Crown, I can relate to you so much pet, this is our 5th month trying as well and af arrived sat last, i wasnt annoyed as previous months either, i think we are also comming to terms with what a long road could be ahead of us. I feel every month that this could be our lucky month, but then af arrives and i feel that every month it is slowly but surley taking a wee bit of our hopes away with it, i am now thinking all sorts; maybe we cant have children, maybe there is something wrong with my body...... etc oh god i am really obsessed with the whole thing, i just need to take my mind of it some how,......
clucky Posts: 26471
oh i can relate to that absolutely the first few months are devastating then you have a kind of acceptance as if to say '' ah well i knew it would come anyway'' then when you are resigned to it not happening - boom it happens and the surprise is even better thats the hope anyway fingers crossed
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Kinda - it's our 3rd month and got AF on Wednesay and wasn't that upset either. Maybe because of being on here and reading other girls reports and all along Hubby has been saying - give it six months - so I have 6 months in my mind. Might freak out next month though. I think at least when we get AF it is 'ok so we can start again'. Reading some girls not even getting their AF for months on end because of coming off the pills makes me realise that at least we are lucky to get them at all. That aside hope this month is our month!! Best of luck and loads of babydust to you
charlie crown Posts: 377
Thnaks girls, we have decided to let it take a back seat for a while, so the opk's and thermometer and everything else ttc related it being put away. We're just going to relax and enjoy our lives together and if it happens then great! I feel like a weight has been lifted already :wv
yeah i think we do become so opsessed with the whole thing that it dosent happen, i think we shold all enjoy the time alone with our husbands, and if it happens it would be a dream but i am sure we will all enjoy trying!!!!!! GOODLUCK GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O:o) O:o) O:o) O:o) :wv
bellabella Posts: 2750
Ah charli, are you ok? I think you have the right idea. Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :wv :wv :wv :wv
Cowslip Posts: 761
Girls, I am totally with you. We are on our fifth month ttc now as well. I think I am due af on Monday, it should be today but I definitely ovulated later then usual, so I think af is due anytime between Monday and Friday next week ! I have totally built myself up to believing I am pregnant this month...and I just know it is going to be a horrible fall when af arrives. I have a collection of phantom symptoms which I am sure mean nothing.....This is the first time I have admitted to my obsession this month, I haven't mentioned ttc to dh since I knew I ovulated so he doesn't realise it is taking over my every waking thought and quite a bit of my nighttime dreams as well this week. Last month, when I briefly had a BFP, I almost completely forgot about ttc, I made sure we dtd at the right time but forgot about it after that. So not only am I obsessing...but my obsessing probably has a lot to do with my not getting pregnant ! When af arrives this month, I am going to do the same as you charlie crown..I might take a break from here and not temp either, I never use opks anyway and I put away the baby books a few months ago and stopped watching baby programs on tv ! I think I will just sit back and enjoy the run up to Christmas and maybe luck will be on our side for the new year ! There are loads of us in the same boat and that is comforting...not in the way that I would wish other couples having to try for months to get pregnant, but it does make you feel normal, this is a normal length of time for ttc, a huge amount of couples take six months and longer, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you of dh, its just the way it is...and plenty of couple take up to two years, and there is still nothing wrong. What's for you won't pass you by, all our time will come, we just have to be patient.....
Lucy Loo you are so right i am not temping at all, but i am going to take a break from this forum for a while, i am having dreams as well about babies, twins etc, and it just seems that everyone i know around me is getting pregnant at the monute and i am wondering when will my time come, i cant help but feel a bit jealous for the girls i know that are pregnant at the mo. Dont get me wrong i am so so happy for them and wish them all the best of luck in the world and hope all goes well for them. but it is just so so hard................
mama sugar Posts: 1387
charlie you have the best attitude because when you least expect it....he he you will be expecting :babydust: to all of you x