Don't have underwear

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
Well I own some underwear obviously, but I don't have my underwear for the day yet. Is this a massive issue? I said it to someone today and they were horrified. I kind of saw it as an Saturday afternoon job...that I stroll in and buy some underwear. She was telling me that they order it in like the dresses and that i'd run out of time! Any help...I'd better start ringing around tomorrow.
seedee Posts: 1017
i bought some LOVELY underwear. ultimo basque and suspender belt and all that jazz. went for a dress fitting last week, and now im wearing no bra and having cups sewn in. it didnt work under the dress apparently. BOOOO. however, im with you, whats the panic? i wouldnt take my advice tho. im the ambassador for it'll be grand, there's loadsa time, and left almost everything til the last minute.
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
It depends if you would like something made specially i.e. an all in one made to measure. But it's expensive €170 aprox. Peaches & cream do nice stuff but then so does Debenhams and most other department stores. I can recommend the wonderbra ultimate strapless if you need it. Best to check with your dressmaker/fitter first if it's necessary.
kittycatt24 Posts: 1322
My friend advised me of this a few weeks ago, went t la femme in cork yesterday and got sorted. Showed her a picture of my dress and she picked out d right underwear. I thought the bra looked ok on but then she came In and re jigged my chest and I now have cleavage I never had before. Hopefully it works with the dress will try it on in the next few days.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I went and got fitted for a good strapless bra. I was talked into buying the sucky-in pants too but TBH they were a waste. Most dresses, unless very slinky, do a find job of holding you in and I wore a nicer pair on the day as my dress gave me a great shape. If you're in Dublin I'd recommend Intimate Lingerie on Tara St, you need to make an appt but you can buy on the day, no need to order. Just be firm if you don't need the sucky-in pants!
Happily Ever After Posts: 547
I went to Peaches & Cream in Dublin and it was a total nightmare from start to finish!I was very surprised as they came highly recommended to me by more than one person!!! They were lovely and friendly and I showed them pictures of my dress etc at the first appointment which was great and then they showed me a selection of bras they thought would be suitable and I picked one. They didn't have it in my size so they had to order one in (oh and I'm a 36B which is a fairly standard size so...) anyway next I decided to try on some night wear as you do!! I picked a beautiful silk nightdress and matching robe which were very expensive too might I add... Everything was all wrapped up for me and I left the shop super happy and excited. When I got home a couple of hours later as I decided to hang my silk nightdress and robe. When I took the nightdress out it was stained with lip gloss (which i wasn't wearing at the time)!!! Got straight back onto the shop and they told me that they would have to order a new one as it was the last one in stock etc... I thought right that's fine as I still had 6/7 weeks before the wedding at this stage. I was still confident in them at this stage as they seemed to be sorting it out properly and looking after me. Then I went to my first dress fitting and my very experienced dress maker told me it was the wrong bra so I had to go back and change it she told me they gave me totally wrong advice and then told me which one to go for... So grand I went back to shop and they took the bra back and fitted for a new one which they fortunately had in stock this time! So happy out underwear is almost sorted. I asked about my nightdress while there only to be told that it hadn't arrived yet and the supplier didn't have one in stock that it had to be handmade... they assured me it would be in before the wedding and that they would have it delivered to me wherever so i wouldn't have to trapse back into town etc.... I was still happy at this stage that they were doing their best to look after me so I kind of forgot about it for a while. Until the day I went to collect my dress!!! 2 days before the wedding/..... I freaked out rang them and all the rest but they told me there was nothing they could do... I had to run out and buy more underwear spending another foolish amount on it!!! I was ragin and didn't need the extra hasle so close to the wedding. Well after my honeymoon when it eventually arrived (after I contacted them again) it was actually the wrong one so I was disgusted and would never recommend then to anybody. Oooops didn't think would be so long..... I guess I needed to get that off my chest!!! Best of luck MF and get out there this weekend and sort it just in case.....
I also had a very poor experience in Peaches and Cream (not for wedding underwear). I thought it might have been a once off but my mum went there for a good bra for her MOB outfit and was also very disappointed with the service and range.
Happily Ever After Posts: 547
Thanks ACS nice to know I'm not the only one as they came so highly recommended from friends that had used them in the past. It was so annoying because I spent a fortune and they just couldn't get it right.... It could have been worse though.
I saw them recommended on here a few times and I always think "Who is getting this good service they are gushing about"> The size of the shop seems to mean they keep very little in stock, everything they suggested was out of stock in my size and the woman dealing with me was not at all nice or helpful. My mum had the exact same experience even though she went in over a year later. She ended up going to Intimate Lingerie with me one evening and we were both kitted out with no hassle.
Nonah Posts: 102
Change have lovely stuff and seem to do the group deal sites relatively regularly. Mrs Nonah to be has availed of deals twice now... :)