Menu

Doooort -v- Daaaart

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miah Posts: 2738
I posted this question in the Katy French thread, as the term "DORT" came up in the conversation. I was scolded for doing so, shameful insensitive yoke that I am, and got one of these " O:| " in the process. I'm quaking in my boots, I truely am. Anyway said "scolding" means that nobody answered my question. So what do YOU think? At what station on the southside does the DAAAART become the DOOOORT? Lansdowne Rd? Sydney Parade? Or does it start as the DOOOORT in Howth and Sutton, turn into the DAAAART in Bayside and then revert back to the DOOORT further down the line? And what do you call it when it gets to Bray/Greystones? De Trayen? Just curious
Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
:o0 :yelrotflmaosmilie: :o0 :yelrotflmaosmilie: :o0 :yelrotflmaosmilie: :o0 :yelrotflmaosmilie: :o0 :yelrotflmaosmilie:
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Ah reverse snobbery, always a joy.
Aha! But how do you know it's reverse Token? Oh that's right you've seen my wedding pics :o0 :o0
Elliecat Posts: 2725
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
PrincessBride_07 Posts: 517
well if you're going to be like that then why are you assuming when it gets to Bray it'll be called De Trayen....I'm from Bray and I don't call it that, are you assuming we're all knackers in Bray that can't speak properly?
Oh unclench you idiot - can you not take a joke? I myself am from, what I would call, a "Daaaaart" area so am most definitely not calling anyone a knacker. Thisa place is getting as bad as Magicmum! Did Maryb come in in the wee hours and steal everyone's sense of humour?
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote="PrincessBride_07":3r90hyvb]well if you're going to be like that then why are you assuming when it gets to Bray it'll be called De Trayen....I'm from Bray and I don't call it that, are you assuming we're all knackers in Bray that can't speak properly?[/quote:3r90hyvb] Don't worry just because you're from Bray there's no need to be defensive. I'm sure that you're a lovely person anyway.... though not be to trusted around expensive objects I suspect. I'm sure you'd be a joy to share a can of Dutch gold and a carton of curried chips with...
LMR Posts: 1925
Did you not hear, Miah?? Anything that requires a sense of humour or leap of imagination is no longer acceptable on OT. The levels of hyper sensitivity are getting beyond a joke >:o(
[quote="wonderyear":1xwhovt0][quote="PrincessBride_07":1xwhovt0]well if you're going to be like that then why are you assuming when it gets to Bray it'll be called De Trayen....I'm from Bray and I don't call it that, are you assuming we're all knackers in Bray that can't speak properly?[/quote:1xwhovt0] Don't worry just because you're from Bray there's no need to be defensive. I'm sure that you're a lovely person anyway.... though not be to trusted around expensive objects I suspect. I'm sure you'd be a joy to share a can of Dutch gold and a carton of curried chips with...[/quote:1xwhovt0] :o0 :o0 Why is it that every time I read the words "Dutch Gold" I always say it in my head the way the Toll Trolls say it? "Dutch Goooooouuld"