Doppler

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mumof2 Posts: 3864
Have decided to buy one finally - can anyone that has brought one tell me whether they would recommend a particular one and where they brought them
charli Posts: 5994
why not do a search here as i know there was a post on this before and some recommendations etc sorry i never bought one so am of no help
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
[quote="septemberprincess":2aj3flaf]Have decided to buy one finally - can anyone that has brought one tell me whether they would recommend a particular one and where they brought them[/quote:2aj3flaf] I bought one around 9-10 weeks and it didn't work (as I couldn't hear a heartbeat) I started using it again about 14 weeks and we got the heartbeat STRAIGHT AWAY :o)ll Am still using it and it's a GOD send....... I bought it off
bluebell07 Posts: 182
Think I would get addicted to using it....... would love one though!!
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Hi SP, I bought one and was delighted I did. Everyone kept saying 'oh you'll get addicted to it' etc etc but I actually didin't. I used it maybe every 2nd day and it was really re-assuring with all the bleeding I had. Once you start to feel kicks you'll very rarely use it, I used mine for the first time in about 2 months last week cos the baby had been very quiet! Anyway to answer your question!! I bought mine on e bay: It doesn't display the heart rate, you can spend a bit more on one that does but I just counted the heart rate. You also have to be careful with a doppler that you dont pick up the swish of the placenta or your own heart beat and think its the babies!! I found this one very good anyway!! If you've any questions don't hesitate!
oirish Posts: 1541
would anybody that is in the late stages and bought one be willing to sell theirs ?? Would be a good way to have one and save money :) Am deffo going to get one I think in a few weeks.
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I thought about this Oirish but decided to hang onto it for future pregnancies!!
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
[quote="oirish":2qaogucj]would anybody that is in the late stages and bought one be willing to sell theirs ?? Would be a good way to have one and save money :) Am deffo going to get one I think in a few weeks.[/quote:2qaogucj] I wouldn't sell mine either as I know the next pregancy I'll be the same and at least then I'll have it READY and waiting....but you can hire them out if you don't want to buy one!
jellybaby Posts: 2316
We bought ours from eBay, can't remember the seller, but similar to the ones the girls have posted. We picked up the heartbeat at about 10 weeks on it, but we were very luck - you don't normally hear it so early. I would definitely recommend getting one. We put ours away, and are just waiting for a bfp to dig it out again :-8
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Thanks Girls