Doreen Buckley

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Mac2be Posts: 571
Any one do the Ante- Natal Care class with Doreen Buckley from Holles street?? :xox
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
Hi there, We did, we found it great! What would you like to know?
Cool name Bumpalicious :o0 just what she does, its a long old day for a sat 8-4 would Nearly be tempted to book in to the hotel :o0
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
Hiya! Thanks a million.. To be honest, it was a long day and I was tired after it. You start at 8 and you get a break for tea and scones at half ten, then you have half an hour for lunch at around one before you finish at four. It is a good course, though. She spends the first half of the day going through labour, pain relief and all the various scenarios that could occur. She also spends a good while telling you when to leave for the hospital and when to hold out at home for a while, which we found very useful. The second half of the day is all about what to do with the baby when you get it home - what to put it to sleep in, what to dress it in, how to change it etc, what products are worth having and which aren't, and she spends an hour each on breast and bottle feeding. Then the last hour Tony Kealy comes in and does a talk on car, pram and home safety. We found it great, I have to say, although yes, it is a bit long. But on the plus side, you have it all done in one day, which is great. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions!
Your a wee star thanks a million :thnk