Dr brown bottles- how to warm?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

23leanne Posts: 761
Bought these bottles but abit confused about something I've been reading about warming the bottles. It says to remove the lid and teat to warm. If you were warming the bottle up and had to take off the lid and teat surely the bottle contents would become unsterile? Am I way off track or does this make sense to anyone? My other question is about them leaking. Last nights bottle seemed to leak. I remember reading somewhere, possibly on here about these bottles leaking but it was because of not doing something properly. First baby is two wks old and just a little unsure of things.
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i used to sterilise, fill a certain amount with cooled boiled water and added fresh boiled water when i needed it (to the required level). i found when re heating them their was displacement and a lot of the milk as in the warming jug..
mamasarus Posts: 831
With these bottles you need to loosen the White part when warming it. I think when the bottle is fully closed a vacuum is created & this is why they're good for helping colic/ reducing wind. We just take off or loosen the White bit & teet when warming. No leaking then. HTH
Daff Posts: 11644
[quote="funkyfish":3dzbkyk2]i used to sterilise, fill a certain amount with cooled boiled water and added fresh boiled water when i needed it (to the required level). i found when re heating them their was displacement and a lot of the milk as in the warming jug..[/quote:3dzbkyk2] +1
lcarrick Posts: 1639
i just take the white lid off and stick in in a jar of boiled water, bobs your uncle! just test in then on your wrist! working for me now for 4 months! :)
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="mamasarus":2gmz3zlr]With these bottles you need to loosen the White part when warming it. I think when the bottle is fully closed a vacuum is created & this is why they're good for helping colic/ reducing wind. We just take off or loosen the White bit & teet when warming. No leaking then. HTH[/quote:2gmz3zlr] +1 Also after shaking the bottle we always loosed the lid&tightened it again.
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
I have Dr Brown bottles and use the Dr Brown bottle warmer to warm them. Like another poster said, I take the lid off and loosen the white bit every so slightly and heat it in the warmer then. The warmer is such a life saver, especially for night feeds. You don't have to worry about the temperature being right or anything. It takes 3minutes 20 seconds to heat the bottle up from room temperature or 5 minutes if it's been in the fridge. Boots in Liffey Valley have them, they're €60 but so worth it I think.