Draughts Excluders?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Hi all, can any of you tell me whats the best draught excluders for around windows! I am killed with finding different draughts in different places around our house. I hate them, so want to invest in proper excluders and try get it sorted!!!
23Daisy Posts: 416
I know how you feel I keep finding draughts here too! Are the draughts coming in the windows? If so you might need the hinges replaced. Get someone reputable, the last guy that did mine charged €40 a window & made one worse!! I have that window sealed with duck tape until I can afford a new window. I hope you get it sorted.
Its so annoying, Im like a woman on a mission now :o0 I never thought about the hinges....I just dont know exactly where its coming in!
23Daisy Posts: 416
Lol hopefully it's something less trouble than the hinges! With the wind being so strong at the moment draughts are a lot worse I'm being driven demented with them too hopefully when the wind dies down again they'll improve :-)
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Aldi had draught excluders for sale a few weeks ago, you might be lucky & find some left. It's like a roll of foamy tape, very simple to use. Cut to measure & stick it around the edges of doors & windows. I have used it on just one particularly draughty window & it has worked very well. With this windy weather I am getting draughts from all angles, time to get the excluder tape out again!
Ah super Ill have a look the next time Im in thanks for that :wv