Dreading not having my bump anymore

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Anyone else like this? I love my bump and how my shape looks- have fab new wardrobe actually and wearing colours and patterns I'd never have looked at before and I'm dreading the inbetweeny bit after having babs where I'm not PG but not back to my old self either - never thought I'd feel like this. I could stay PG forever! Poor DH, I'll be chasing him Benny Hill style around the place in a few months! Am I on a road to being a TV3 documentary as a woman who's addicted to pregnancy? :-8
Salander Posts: 1639
yeah went shopping yesterday and bought myself some lovely maternity clothes - really love them! i think tbh though we will be so busy with dirty nappies, puke etc we wont have much time to think about ourselves. i am expecting that brushing hair, teeth and cleaning myself will all become luxuries i may not get every day! :eek gonna stock up on loads of deo! :o0 though i won't say no to jumping on dh again to get another bump! :-8
neeov Posts: 4256
Wearing your baby helps you retain the closeness of being pregnant. There are lots of attractive slings on the market http://www.hugabub.com/
Fifi Trixibelle Posts: 472
was talking to someone a while ago who was about 2 weeks past her due date and still waiting, and I said to her "Oh you must be tired of waiting, are you?" and she said "No, I know I'll miss my bump when it's gone, so I'm trying to enjoy the last few days of it" which I thought was a really nice way to look at it! I'm not as close to my due date as you Emme, but I totally get where you're coming from. I LOVE being pregnant, I feel so glowy! And I love sticking out my bump and grabbing the attention :o0 I love the little kicks that are like little secrets between me and the baby.. Til it starts sticking arms and legs out all over the place anyway!!!
Emme Posts: 4735
Yeah I feel glowy too...it's like I'm finally useful at doing something! :o0 My skin has never been so perfect, hair is fabulous (get me :o0 ) and I just feel so well apart from being knackered a lot! But yeah, the closeness you feel with babs is lovely, first thing every morning I wake up with my hands on my belly and last thing at night there I am falling asleep the same way.
Fifi Trixibelle Posts: 472
I know!! Useful seems like a weird word to use, but that's EXACTLY how I feel! And all feminine and lovely!! Not really what I expected, but like I said, I love it. And even the tiredness (after the killer first trimester) isn't as bad. It's not like when ur just tired from work/general life. And I have found people are so much NICER to you! And it's like a secret club when you see another pregnant woman (even if you are suffering from bump envy which I totally have right now) And my DH gives in more, when I say "But the [b:3ex5he9h]baby[/b:3ex5he9h] wants it" Pregnancy rocks!!
Martiespride Posts: 997
im the same too, i love being pregnant, but at this stage im dying to meet my baby. i love how i look pregnant. im getting so many compliments about how i look and how much it suits me. :-8
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
ya love being pregnant too... but I think when the baby comes we will forget about missing the bump..will be so excited with our little bundle. We can always go again anyway!
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
i really miss my bump Emme! DOnt get me wrong, I wouldnt have baby back in there for love nor money but I am at that real inbetweeny stage where i have jelly belly and none of my normal stuff fits me and I am kind of sick of my maternity wear now too! Bought a couple of long tops in the sale in zara today to wear with leggings as I am sick to the back teeth of tracksuit bottoms (had a section so stuff has to be loose). But I never thought I would miss my bump the way I do. I think there is something very beautiful about a woman with child... am already planning when to ttc for number 2!
totalnovice Posts: 787
ah girls that so sweet that ye will miss the bumps, most of us come on giving out about all our pains and aches and its lovely to hear people loving it.