Dream Dress Disasters

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lumuller07 Posts: 2
As a bride, one of the most important things on your mind is your dress, how perfect it should be and how you want a bit of a fuss made of you while your choosing it - I think thats every brides right! I had an awful experience with my wedding dress that left me in hysterics two days before my wedding. I got married 5th May this year and I was so excited and everything was going great up until a week before the wedding. I went to collect my wedding dress and it wasn't ready - at all. I chose my dress from *******, who is a very well known Dublin wedding dress designer. When I went to collect my dress, a personal family problem had arisen with her so she was away, which I completely understood and gave my sympathies. But the treatment I got with only days to go before my wedding was appalling. She had two of her staff come to meet me but they hadn't a clue what was to be done with the dress, they sent me into the TOILET to try on the dress, with no hangers around and not wanting to put my "dream dress" on the toilet floor thank God my maid of honour was there to help me. I told them what was to be done and arranged to collect it 2 days later ( which was then 2 days before my wedding). I left the place in hysterics, so upset, so worried and stressed out cause as far as I was concerned I no longer had a dress. To cut a long story short, my dress was nowhere near the professional level I was expecting. I had crystal buttons down the back of the dress which were completely hanging off and I had to cut away excess thread to make it look neater. There was also a cyrstal brooch on the front, that again I had to alter myself because of the mess. The hem had been taken up and you could actually see the stitching in it. All this I did the day before my wedding! She had also promised to make me a little handbag using the xcess train that was being cut away – that was never done for me though I was charged for it. Also she was too busy to confirm appointments for me but when it came to payment she always had the time to text or ring me then. Anyway, I wrote to her afterwards and also sent her pictures of the "finished" dress and didn't get much back from her - a few short lines in an e-mail, not much of an apology and from what I can make of her it was more a case of well she got her money and thats all she cared about. Do not go to her, I couldn't even imagine putting any other bride through what I went through with my dress. You're supposed to love your dress and look back at it in years to come with fond memories. I hate my dress when I look at it now and I wish I could have got it elsewhere. :o(
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
you poor thing didn't want to read and not reply. This post could be deleted though as you are bad mouthing a supplier - not sure if Ros Molloy advertises on here though. Maybe you should consider legal action if you didn't get what you paid for.
HarmattanRose Posts: 1444
lumuller07 I really understand your frustration and I sympathise with the disappointment about your dress, but I don't think you should have posted on here. This really is something you should be trying to sort out with the supplier. Agree with [email protected] you need to take this up through the proper channels. Good luck.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
[quote="[email protected]":3rohqeq2]you poor thing didn't want to read and not reply. This post could be deleted though as you are bad mouthing a supplier - not sure if Ros Molloy advertises on here though. Maybe you should consider legal action if you didn't get what you paid for.[/quote:3rohqeq2] I agree, or even the small claims court, it only costs 20 euro or something small like that to lodge a complaint.
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
You poor thing, thats dreadful! I would definitely take it further! >:o(
PrincessBride_07 Posts: 517
I do also sympathise with you, and wouldn't wish that on any bride, however it does look odd that this is your first posting, also 4 months after you got married you decide to post? Saying that however, I do hope that whatever action you take you get some consolation for your distress.
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
[quote:1n1d2vgq]I do also sympathise with you, and wouldn't wish that on any bride, however it does look odd that this is your first posting, also 4 months after you got married you decide to post?[/quote:1n1d2vgq] thought the same thing. If this really happend to you I think you should demand to be reimbursed some if not all of your money.
WilmaFlintstone Posts: 1318
That sounds awful. Take it to the small claims court
Little Angel Posts: 913
this is awful? why did you pay the full amount if you were totally unhappy. I think a warning about a genuine bad service is useful at any time though and smoeone will benefit from you warning.
loveheart Posts: 686
Really really debated about replying to this but think I have to. I have been in contact with Ro about a potential dress for quite some time now. During this time she experienced the death of a member of her immediate family. She let me know that she wouldn't be able to make the appointment we had scheduled and apologised for this. However, only a few weeks after this bereavement she squeezed me in on a Sunday morning just so my Mum could see the dress. She was wonderful and I stress I have not decided on the dress and no money has changed hands. She even took digital photos of me in the dress and emailed them to me so that I could have a proper think about it. I am sorry to hwear about your experience but can't imagine this is typical of Ro at all - her reputation is excellent and could not have been built if she delivered shoddy service. You are more than entitled to seek compensation for your stress and disappointment but I just wanted to add in my own experience as well.