Dress Alterations - Any recommendations?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bella50 Posts: 16
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone to alter a dress - Dublin area preferably. I have bought a "pre-loved"/second hand pronovias dress that I need to get altered. Preferably someone who also does work for the bridal shops. Someone has mentioned a women in Gorey who does dress alterations. She used to work in Kathy de Stafford's in Dublin but now does her own work. I haven't got contact details for her though. Anyone know who this is? Thanks
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Sorry to hijack but just bumping this up... I am going to have to arrange my own alterations as bridal shop I ordered from is closing down! So ladies, advice please!
DiscountDesigner Posts: 111
I used Bridal Alterations on my Romona Keveza Gown. Phyllis is fantastic, she lives in Gorey not sure if it is the same Lady but I highly recommend her. Mobile no 086 1688003
CavanB2B Posts: 232
I'd highly recommend Abbey Alterations in Blanchardstown. I used them for my wedding dress alterations. There was a good bit of taking in to be done but they did a fantastic job. :wv Their details are in the WOL supplier directory. [url:11518wt4]http://www.weddingsonline.ie/supplier-directory/item/7394/abbey-alterations/91/[/url:11518wt4]
Nov Bridie 09 Posts: 967
I brought my BM dresses into Grafton Express alterations on South Ann Street today (upstairs beside Eddie Rockets). Quite tricky dresses to work with, as lots of chiffon & wanted to remove the train. Thought the guys were great & they do wedding dress alterations too as far as I know.
Tinkerbelle Bride Posts: 391
There is a briliant alterations place nextdoor to the svorsky diamond shop on grafton street. It's upstairs so it's only a small door to the right of the svorsky shop. My sister's bridesmaid dresses were far too big for both myself and the other bridemanid. They were very tricky to alter because of an unusal neckline but they turned out perfectly. You need to make an appointment for bridemaids and wedding alterations ...it cost €70 for each dress
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Thanks Ladies! Much appreciated. :thnk