Dress Alterations Limerick/Cork/Tipperary

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
Hi girls, 3 & half weeks to the wedding & i haven't got anyone to alter my dress & the two BM dresses. Can anyone recommend a good steamstress around the Limerick/Cork/Tipperary areas?? thanks ladies :thnk
demonwife Posts: 225
would somebody in Portroe be any good to you?
millicent bride Posts: 18
Hi My name is Sinead from Millicent Bride in Naas,and we have been Designing and making bridal gowns for the last 17years. We also offer a high quality Bridal gown alteration service , from small alterations to restyling and remodelling your gown. Please email me your phone no at [email protected] so I can discuss our service more fully For more information please visit www.millbride.com Or look in Supplier Directory under Bridal Design House Regards Sinead
roisinbunny Posts: 419
[quote="Dot Cotton":17927ysb]Hi girls, 3 & half weeks to the wedding & i haven't got anyone to alter my dress & the two BM dresses. Can anyone recommend a good steamstress around the Limerick/Cork/Tipperary areas?? thanks ladies :thnk[/quote:17927ysb] Hey Dot, I used Norah O'Connor in Limerick? Was very happy with the work. She's kept busy all the time but def worth a phonecall to see if she can fit you in
MM2012 Posts: 52
Hi Dot, I would give some of the bridal shops a call, they have lists of alterations people and will be able to give you names and numbers. I was dress shopping in Aibheal in Adare and they can recommend someone in Adare and Limerick city. De Staffords in Nenagh will be able to give you numbers also, they definitely have someone in Nenagh. I'm sure they can recommend someone in Cork also. Best of luck!
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
Hi Girls, thanks for all your replies! Roisinbunny Norah was all booked up but thanks so much for her number, it was worth a try! I've managed to find someone in Ennis thats supposed to be good so fingers crossed! We're going down on Saturday! thanks again ladies O-O
McDaisy Posts: 917
Hope you got sorted Dot! If you are still looking, I would recommned Elena Doru at the The Groody Retail Centre in Castletroy (087 7862275), Limerick (near UL). She made a lovely job of my wedding dress and a few BM dresses over the years for me. She works pretty quickly too!