Dress Deposit at McElhinneys?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

november09!! Posts: 81
Hi Ladies Was wondering if anyone had bought from McElhinneys recently and what % deposit they ask for? I'm starting the dress hunt next week and my first appointment is there, want to plan ahead just in case the perfect one is there waiting for me!! Thanks a million x
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
I think they have a standard deposit of €500 thats when i got my dress last year but. Might have changed since.
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
My friend got her's there a few months back and paid €500 also
sunnybride09 Posts: 10
yeah its 500 euro,
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
Most places are €500 good luck and enjoy dress shopping let us all know how you get on. one tip get your tan done before hand and have you hair nice. It make such a different O:o) O:o) O:o)
valentine09 Posts: 681
I got my dress in Mcelhinneys in Donegal. I know you can have makeup on in case it gets on the dress as the dress you try will be your dress. My deposit was 500 euro also.
BrideOfHawk Posts: 29
I agree too its €500 and best of luck finding the perfect one! *)
xwishingx Posts: 600
€500..............they dont allow make up or tan, but once you've paid for dress you can wear what you like as it your dress then :wv
mollyeile Posts: 2486
Anyone know what the deposit is for Bridesmaid dresses?
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I bought my dress in Mc Elhinneys a few weeks back. It cost €550 in the sale, so I paid for it in total on the day. Will pay the alterations later obviously. The girls there are so nice. Kathleen looked after me and she is great. Best of luck with the dress hunting.