Dress for day after?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Decisions11 Posts: 1246
Is it the "norm" for the bride to wear white or cream the day after? I am thinking of casual for during the day and then bit more dressy for night time. Anyone else doing this?
smiles12 Posts: 76
I'm not sure if its the norm-although I have seen some people do it more recently. I do quite like the idea of wearing white/cream the day after. I think I will be fairly dressy the next day-although we have yet to decide what we'll be doing so it will be depend on that!!
whoop Posts: 1310
It seems the norm is to dress like you would for a night out the day after your wedding. Some people do the white/cream colour scheme, some don't. Wear what you are comfortable in. By the time the wedding was over I was sick of looking at white so I went for purple!!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I wore a white summer dress for a bbq the next day but just for fun really, i wouldn't worry about the done thing as such. definitley get yourself a mrs.DH t shirt. You can get transfers online for a couple of euro. mine was a big hit in the hotel the next morning!
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
Oh the t shirt sounds like a good idea, thanks for that :wv
paperclips Posts: 3146
ooohhh loving the t-shirt idea.... think that a fab idea... I like the idea of wearing a cream/ivory dress the day after