dress for family wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunny1 Posts: 995
Hi Im hoping some of you might be able to help. Ive also posted this in fashion and beauty. My sis in laws wedding is coming up and I need a dress. Its going to be an extremely dressy wedding and it's blacktie so I want something really nice, something "wow".Im open to long or short dresses. Have a 12 week old baby so havent time to go shopping like before and dont even know where to start. Can anyone recommend a shop where you'd almost be guaranteed to get something fab? Am I dreaming?? Im in Munster but would travel. Thanks
overthemoon99 Posts: 527
have BIL wedding coming up also so want ideas, i seen this on line think its class but not sure if i have the guts to wear it, what ye think? sorry for jumping on your thread...
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
You could try Fran and Jane...
Thanks for replies! Overthemoon thats a cool dress. I wouldnt wear it though, wouldnt suit me. You might be braver thatn me though :) Peacock girl I actually love fran and jane, got fab long fran and jane dress for wedding last year. Believe it or not the one I love (the first dress in collection) is the one another sis in law is getting for same wedding :o(
strawberries1 Posts: 1245
If you are with O2 they will give a discount of 15% until the end of April on Fran & Jane in the treats section. They need to send you a SMS so you need to be with them.
candypants Posts: 8575
[quote="overthemoon99":2zl2776t]have BIL wedding coming up also so want ideas, i seen this on line think its class but not sure if i have the guts to wear it, what ye think? sorry for jumping on your thread... [/quote:2zl2776t] I LOVE this!!!!! Couldnt pay that much or id be divorced :innocent:
kittycatt24 Posts: 1322
Vanity fair in Newbrigde is fantastic! i just got an amazing dress with 300e off in the sale for future sister in law wedding in October, cant wait to wear it! must get an outragrous hat to got with it now!
Wow 300 euro off, sounds great kittycatt24!! Do you know if theyve new spring summer stock in yet?
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Couture Boutique in Powerscourt have some fab stuff both floor length and short, I love this style floor length ones: [img:3anif4zx]http://www.irishdebs.ie/components/com_mtree/img/listings/m/30.jpg[/img:3anif4zx] Heres another one but It wont let me show the pic so heres the link
paperclips Posts: 3146
Karen Millen have a great online sale. Great reducitons on shoes & bags Ireland AM had Battle of the Counties Comp and a shop called Beverly Hills in Mayo won the comp. They had some lovely pieces. They have been on Xpose a few times too. Check them out on Facebook they have loads of pics of their stock and I think they will post out to you.