Menu

Dress for siblings wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bridester Posts: 920
My sister's aged 20 and 23 are not my bridesmaids - they are looking to me for advise them on where to buy dresses for the wedding - they would like to look in a boutique so they don't have the same dress as the guests/they get something special. They are Galway based but willing to travel to Dublin or in the counties near Galway, would anyone have any recommendations? They want something age appropiate too and find a lot of stuff in the shops is too old for them. Also as a side question what do you think of them wearing long dresses? I think it's fine, my Mum does not... Cheers :thnk
Vanessa Shanessa Jenkins Posts: 241
I think full length dresses are fine to be honest. Beverly Hills on Eglinton St usually have nice things, and apt for that age I think. There is also another shop across the road from it, think it's called Daisy's boutique, haven't been in there but the always have lovely window displays.
[quote="Vanessa Shanessa Jenkins":3mxxngnp]I think full length dresses are fine to be honest. Beverly Hills on Eglinton St usually have nice things, and apt for that age I think. There is also another shop across the road from it, think it's called Daisy's boutique, haven't been in there but the always have lovely window displays.[/quote:3mxxngnp] Thanks Vanessa, my sister (20) actually found something (long) in Beverely hills yesterday but my Mum wasn't keen as she thought it was a bit Bridesmaidy - I think it sounds nice though.
winter2012bride Posts: 172
There's a boutique in Wexford called ruby rouge (u can find them on the net and on Facebook), they have some fab stuff, especially for young ladies. I think full length would be lovely but probably only if your bridesmaids are in full length. If your bridesmaids were in short dresses and then your sisters in full length they might look more dressed up that them.
amthee Posts: 688
I think there's nothing wrong with wearing a long dress to a wedding. I usually wear long dresses but bought a short dress for my friends wedding because I don't want to hold it while dancing! Arnotts might be good to look in if you want something that no one else will have as there is coast and monsoon in most counties.
Thanks Girls, yes the BMs are in long dresses - I think I've heard of Ruby Rouge - it was featured on xpose I think. Thanks for the ideas. x
Nikki Kavanagh
Whoohoo Posts: 148
Nells closet in athlone is fab fab fab love all their stuff
Sassypants Posts: 4461
There's also a new boutique in Malahide in Dublin that hires dresses - if they're looking for something a bit more "wow" they might find it in there. Think they do 3 day rental, and they courier the dress to you (it sounds pretty good to me!) also have a feeling they are mostly designer dresses.