dress hunting in galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meitheamh Posts: 35
Hi Everybody I am travelling down to Galway soon for an appointment with Helena Quinlan. That is the only appointment I have but I would like to make a day of it. Does anyone know of any other bridal boutiques or designers in that area which do contemporary/ romantic bridal wear. I would be grateful for any recommendations :thnk
sweetsuburbangirl Posts: 32
Belladonna-Located in Galway City Poppy Bridal-Gort There is also Tracy Bridal and Marians in Galway city aswell.
teletubby Posts: 406
Really recommend tracy bridal. I got my dress and bridemaid dresses there. a great selection to choose from :o)ll
WishingandHoping Posts: 197
Got my dress in Belladonna, and found them wonderful in there. They only have one bride in there at a time, and you're brought into your own private room. I found them great. They asked me what I was looking for, and brought out some dresses which they thought would suit me. Tracey Bridal in comparsion was a bit hectic. Had an appointment, but nobody was available when I went in, so was told to have a look around myself. They have a huge selection alright, and when the girls were freed up, they were helpful. Maybe it wa just the timing, Sat afternoon, but I found it very chaotic in there, esp after the calm of Belladonna. Did find my BM dresses in there though another day!!
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
DEFINTELY go to Poppy Bridal in Gort. She has the most beautiful dresses form St Patrick, La Sposa and all the romantic dresses too. I got my dress of Linda in Poppy Bridal last September, and I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable parts of the planning. I was delighted with my dress and her service, kindeness and expertise is second to none. The number to make an appointment is 091 632829, she closes on Mondays. Well worth a visit. Helena Quinlan is very nice to deal with also. Havent been to Marians or Belladonna. Enjoy the shopping!!!
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hi there, I found Wedding world very good, and then ended up getting mine last week in Elegant touch in Ballina. It is a superb spot, wonderful dresses and good choise of sizes. I got a fab San Patrick dress there, it was great. I was the only bride in both weddingworld and Elegant Touch which was alot nicer than other places which were far too hectic. Hope this helps Sinead Church Musicians - Galway & The West.