Dress is in - but Im not thin!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jimmyjoemango Posts: 166
Hi there Getting married on May 2nd. Had a panic attack last night because I am about 6 pounds heavier than when I ordered my dress! Too much celebrating eh? Then just a minute ago the shop rang to say my dress is in!! Ooops am too embarrassed to go in and get fitted. Do you think its normal to ask them to wait a couple of weeks. :-8 What would you do????
NemoFish Posts: 2501
Just go in. Fast in the morning before hand.
Blondelle Posts: 200
Sooner you try it on the sooner you can see exactly what target weight you have to get to and start cutting out the jusk food now!! Sorry to sound harsh but don't put off the inevitable. You'll be fine on the day
alskling Posts: 311
[quote="jimmyjoemango":3p7fdmb3]Hi there Getting married on May 2nd. Had a panic attack last night because I am about 6 pounds heavier than when I ordered my dress! Too much celebrating eh? Then just a minute ago the shop rang to say my dress is in!! Ooops am too embarrassed to go in and get fitted. Do you think its normal to ask them to wait a couple of weeks. :-8 What would you do????[/quote:3p7fdmb3] Hi jimmyjoemango, I'm also getting married in May and am in a similar position except I have a stone to lose :eek I rang the shop and they said you'd normally only come in 6 weeks before - gonna do my best to shift it and then go in in about 4 weeks and see what I've left to do - best of luck with it :wv
Finished here Posts: 2860
6 pounds is not a lot to be honest and most likely its around the belly which means it probably wont make much difference. Wedding dresses are usually ordered bigger to accomodate any changes that have to be made to make it fit your body perfectly. I know how you feel i was so convinced that i would be able to shift some weight before my final fitting and here i am the day of my final fitting weighing not one pound less despite my very best efforts (iam a stone heavier than my ideal weight it isnt my fault i have pcos and i just cant shift the stone that i gained when i first got it but every time ive gone for dress fitting the girl is facinated by the difference the dress makes you can see my waist and it flatters the massive boobs) go now and dont put it off at least then you know what you have to do - try cutting out salt, sugar and alchohol for a few weeks that should shift the six pounds if there is no other reason for gaining them than overindulgence and then you just have to maintain it !!! Good luck
marianf Posts: 5845
I wouldnt worry too much about it until you actually try on the dress as it may have been ordered in a bigger size to accommodate your boobs or something e.g the dress I tried on fit me perfectly everywhere except my bust so my dress is going to be a size too big when I get it. Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. But if you are going to diet, dont do stupid things like starve yourself because that wont help, your body will go into starvation mode. Maybe join an exercise class. 6lbs is nothing. You could lose that in your first 2 weeks of weight watchers.
frankiebabe06 Posts: 518
are you joking? 6 lb? thats it? 6 lb? ud hav that lost by eating special k or something light a day before your fitting! try being a size bigger!!!!