Dress shopping Dublin....some advice please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ludicrous Posts: 529
Hi girls! I'm wanting to make some appointments for the next couple of weeks for a few shops in Dublin and have a few questions... Does BT only stock Vera Wang?? Which De Staffords is the best?? (AFAIK there's two but i could be wrong??) And what other shops would you recommend?? Thanks for all your help!! :thnk
cmor Posts: 638
Bridal Wraptures were great when I was shopping for my dress. Lovely staff and beautiful dresses. Have also heard some good reviews of Town Bride and Ciara Bridal in powerscourt shopping centre. Good Luck
Twirler Posts: 1644
I'm pretty sure BTs only stocks Vera Wang. The De Staffords I went to, on Exchequer Street, was dreadful. I recommend Myrtle Ivory.
glassofwineforthelady Posts: 153
I haven't started going for myself yet, but I went with 2 friends last year and found the guy in Town Bride a bit "interesting"...he wouldn't let the bride to be try on the type of dress she actually wanted! :eek
panda_bear Posts: 342
Moreland at the Hilton on the Malahide Road is great.
ludicrous Posts: 529
Thanks girls....keep the suggestions coming!!
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
Try bridal corner in Glasnevin I :lvs :lvs :lvs the place only thing is book an appointment for a mid week or friday as saturday is mental in there.
Alans Bunny Posts: 3
I'd highly recommend Ciara Bridal in Powerscourt centre as well - some of the dresses are just fantastic (got mine there) and the staff are really helpful, honest and obliging.
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
Myrtle Ivory is fantastic - the only place to give you an hour and a half for apts and to offer champers. I got my dress here. They also take late apts on Thurs if that's any use to you. BTs is the only Vera Wang stockist in the republic. I found the girls up there very nice and helpful. Sharon Hoey on Mount St has the Jenny Packham line. Be warned though the apts are only 45 minutes long and very rushed. De Staffords on Exchequer St stock mainly Pronovias I think. I wasn't there so can't really comment on the experience The De Staffords in Howth has the couture dresses which are more expensive. Its a lovely shop with some lovely dresses.
macsmissus Posts: 928
Anabel Rose on Wicklow Street & Aspirations on Dame Lane meant to be really good. Am going to both on Saturday :o)ll :o)ll