Dress Shopping in Galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Redbox Posts: 37
Hi All, Just wanted to send a quick note about dress shopping in Galway Tracy Bridal- Dresses are very similar. Had two visits once which was good and one which was bad. The girls in the shop are excellent but the owner needs to learn a lot about customer service. Marian- Very limited dress selection and the dressing room are tiny. You are also coming out into the shop floor with you dress on so there is no privacy. But the staff are nice and they do make an effoer. BellaDonna- The venue was fantastic. Total privacy has the whole place to myself for an hour! The staff are wondering very helpful and they have a great eye for what suits people. I was not going to go and visit this shop as I had read reviews that they only had 15 dress etc. this is certainly not the case any longer have a good selection of different styles RB :-8
Ceana Posts: 1387
Hi Redbox Thanks for the feedback. Have planned to come to Galway in November to start looking. Did you find your dress yet or are you still looking?
Redbox Posts: 37
Hi Junebride, Found my dress in Belladonna. First Dress I tired in there! I tried on loads more but it was definietly the one. RB :-8
Ceana Posts: 1387
Congrats!! Hope I will be as lucky when i start looking!! . Fingers crossed
chickonthego Posts: 224
I went to Tracys and found it awful...staff were very young and God love them just couldnt help, shop itself is so overcrowded with dresses! But i did get my dress in Mozarina in Claregalway back in August.Maureen has a really nice selection of dresses and is a really lovely girl.Would recommend giving it a visit.
Gabby Posts: 2873
Yeah Mozarina is a nice shop and the staff are very helpful. I bought my dress i Tracy Bridal. I had young girls helping me all along and was happy with them. My BM's were with me so it was their opinion I was after I did find the owner a bit over the top with me once I had ordered it compared to when I was just looking. Very false. I didn;t go to Poppy Bridal but I heard it is going to stock San Patrick and La Sposa so thats great news.
bmcgeough Posts: 1
Try Eileen Boulger in Oughterard. Her dresses are fab and she is very helpful.
emeralsd Posts: 470
Lola Gray in Galway, is also very good. She works frm home, but is a rep for the company. She had a gud selectin of dresses and will be getting another supply in 2 weeks. Defo worth a look. She was very helpful and friendly
rebeccaw Posts: 7
Just wanted to say that i got my dresss in Belladonna last Saturday and the experience was well worth the wait. Had to wait 3 weeks to get a sat appoin though. They just will not let you in without an app as they give you the place to yourself and no other bride will see you. I came down from dublin and have been on the hunt for ages. Sue was brilliant and Mary of course who was Irish designer of the year twice also was there to help out. am so happy.[quote="Redbox":a0ijemjd]Hi All, Just wanted to send a quick note about dress shopping in Galway Tracy Bridal- Dresses are very similar. Had two visits once which was good and one which was bad. The girls in the shop are excellent but the owner needs to learn a lot about customer service. Marian- Very limited dress selection and the dressing room are tiny. You are also coming out into the shop floor with you dress on so there is no privacy. But the staff are nice and they do make an effoer. BellaDonna- The venue was fantastic. Total privacy has the whole place to myself for an hour! The staff are wondering very helpful and they have a great eye for what suits people. I was not going to go and visit this shop as I had read reviews that they only had 15 dress etc. this is certainly not the case any longer have a good selection of different styles RB :-8[/quote:a0ijemjd]
deedee27 Posts: 129
i got my dress in marians of galway! just ordered it last saturday! admit dressing room are tiny but there is rarely anyone else in the shop upstairs! and they dont mind how many dresses you try on, hate shops that limit you to 6! if you want pronovias in galway its the only place that stocks it!