Dress shopping

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blueyesh Posts: 6
Hi girls I'm going wedding dress shopping for the first time next week. Little anxious about it as I have no idea what to expect. I don't know what type or style I'm looking for. Are the sales assistants usually good at giving advice? Also, what type of underwear should you wear? I'm thinking white would be an obvious choice! (not to mention clean!!) Does it matter?
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
BEST OF LUCK THE GIRLS IN THE SHOPS ARE USUALLY V GOOD. NUDE/WHITE UNDERWARE IS BEST & A STRAPLESS BRA. :wv
two010 Posts: 103
Don't be anxious about this. It is a very exciting time for you. The sale assistants are very helpful and will have ideas on what dresses will suit you. Try on all styles and you will get a feel of what suits you best even try on dresses that you don't like the look off, some are far nicer tried on, than on a hanger. Also, wear skin colour underwear, strapless bra and bring a pair of high shoes so you will get the idea when your walking in it. Good luck on finding the "ONE". :wv
kookiegal Posts: 1150
The shop assistants are generally very good and let you try on a number of styles until you find the shape that suits you. Then you can get down to the nitty gritty of design and bling! I'm so not comfortable wearing a strapless bra so I brought one in my bag to use while trying on dresses.
marquise Posts: 595
Don't be anxious! I was dreading wedding dress shopping and put it off for ages but I actually really enjoyed it. Try on different styles - you will soon find a style that you love. The sales assistants are normally quite good. I was told that nude underwear is best as sometimes, the white underwear can be seen under the dress if they aren't many layers in the skirt part. Make sure to bring a clip so you can try your hair up and down with the dresses. I would also bring heels - most of the shops do have a few pairs but they are normally in very bad condition.