Dressing The Men

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rop Posts: 1453
what is everyone doing with the men of the day??? Im torn between renting and buying suits...... i would love a few suggestions..... :o)ll
NowGone Posts: 8042
Renting or buying Men? :o0
[quote="NoZilla":7a5ttr44]Renting or buying Men? :o0[/quote:7a5ttr44] im a such the ditz.... ive changed it now!
[quote="b2baug08":3afichs9][quote="NoZilla":3afichs9]Renting or buying Men? :o0[/quote:3afichs9] im a such the ditz.... ive changed it now![/quote:3afichs9] Fabulous! Laughed me ass off here! We're renting, to answer your quesiton. A lot of people will buy if it's suits, and rent if it's morning suit/black tie, etc, etc.
mrsj2b08 Posts: 52
snap!!!! - H2B wants something differnt to usual wedding suit/tux......but if buying then i guess it has to be same for groomsmen & fathers??? [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:1q2uuxtx]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;116/st/20080626/e/The+Big+Day/dt/5/k/a63b/event.png[/img:1q2uuxtx] [/url]
[quote="mrsj2b08":10x16jdt]snap!!!! - H2B wants something differnt to usual wedding suit/tux......but if buying then i guess it has to be same for groomsmen & fathers??? [/quote:10x16jdt] Not necessarily! You can do what you want! If your going for more casual, you could buy them all matching ties...or something else. Buying suits for everyone would certinaly mess with your budget!
without even saying anything the GM said they would buy their own suits - which i thought was really lovely.... but then it limits me to a not dressy suit, h2b doesnt have to wear the same - that doesnt bother us... just wondering who bought and where and what you bought and who rented, whre and what you rented... *) :o)ll *)
Salander Posts: 1639
Rented in Galvins Mullingar, lovely suits DH had gold waistcoat and gold cravat, BM had wine cravat & waistcoat, the dads had wine ties and wine waistcoats - Bridesmaid had wine dress. looked really well in the photos.
garran9 Posts: 4401
Renting from Young's Suit Hire! :wv
hannahross Posts: 318
Hubby bought his ( a Rebus suit) which was lovely as it had tiny burgungy and bronze pinstripes which matched my bouquet and the BM dresses which were bronze. We bought the other 2 suits but we were real cheapskates and bought plain black suits for £60 each from Matalan!!! Nobody was any the wiser and as they are never going to wear them again ( neither are suit people and only wear them at weddings and funerals!!) we didn't want to spend a fortune on them.