Dressmakers in Co.Louth

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Harriotte Posts: 30
Hi, I'm getting married this year. My dresses arrived from New York last week. We need to get alterations on the dresses and i was wondering if anyone knows a good reliable dressmaker in Co.Louth preferrable Ardee/Drogheda areas. Hope you can help Thanks
mrskelly Posts: 203
There's Ann Cole in Dundalk (beside train station), sorry don't know anyone in Drogheda or Ardee, but if you ask in some of the ladies boutiques or even the dry cleaners they will normally have someone they would use? Best of luck :wv
bubblyblonde Posts: 1353
Is Ann Cole still doing it??? Sorry for hijacking but I would be interested in this too thanks :-8
mrswildrogue Posts: 1739
Nancy Lynch is in Ardee. My sister is getting married in June and Nancy is doing the bridesmaids dresses and wedding dress. I plan to have her for my wedding next March also. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Her work is superbe and quite reasonable. Pm me if you want details.
As far as I know Ann Cole is still doing it.... she was last year for my cousin anyway!!! God, Nancy Lynch, is she still on the go? I remember my mam getting her to make a dress for me doing flower girl and she made a matching dress for my doll in the left over material :-8 :-8 Oh those were the days! lol! :o0
Ann Cole made my communion dress thats why I thought she would be finished as that was many a day ago :yelrotflmaosmilie:
[quote:1m6y4snh]Ann Cole made my communion dress thats why I thought she would be finished as that was many a day ago [/quote:1m6y4snh] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
hectic Posts: 528
Yeah I remember Ann Cole made me a few summer dresses when I was a wee thing but she is still on the go alright. There's also a woman up the Knockbridge Road called Toal.....it could be Catherine Toal i'm not sure....
Thats is Claire Toal she is in ballybarrack she makes dresses to rent but doesnt do alterations I was with her couple of months ago