Drinking

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

breeze Posts: 1175
I know this has probably been spoken about but, i have a longing on me for the most coolest glass of Bulmers. I gave into temptation at the weekend and one bottle and it was lovely. This is my first drink since i got BFP. Just wondering are any of ye completelt abstaning???
Elliecat Posts: 2725
[quote="breeze":2pgd41ye]I know this has probably been spoken about but, i have a longing on me for the [b:2pgd41ye]most coolest glass of Bulmers[/b:2pgd41ye]. I gave into temptation at the weekend and one bottle and it was lovely. This is my first drink since i got BFP. Just wondering are any of ye completelt abstaning???[/quote:2pgd41ye] Oh God, I've been dying for one all week, with loads of ice!!! :o( :o( I haven't touched any alcohol since I got my BFP, picked up a couple of bottles of non-alcoholic wine to keep dh company when he's having a drink in the house, and I don't mind it at all, but I have two nights out this weekend, and all my friends and family drink Bulmers so I'll be gagging for one. Might sneak half a glass, but will probably feel guilty afterwards!!
Shilanne Posts: 304
Hi there - for the first 4 months I couldnt face it. I now have a couple in moderation always with food. So twice a week I may have 2 glasses of wine with dinner. I really believe that modeeration is fine - My doctor also said it was fine from day 1 - but again I only started to have a couple from week 17 / 18....and I realllllly enjoy it. I had a chinese last night 1.5 glasses of wine and I slept like a baby :) I think it would annoy me more to not have something I really want. SO IMO have what you like - in moderation....HTH :wv
breeze Posts: 1175
Elliecat, i was like that to and i just sadi feck it one wont kill me. Im sick and tired of drinking coke & orange. have one and im telling you, you will feel great afterwards. Like Shilanne said all in moderation. O-O O-O O-O
Mrs Febbride Posts: 1234
god i think that is really good considering both of ye are 13 and 17 weeks gone and that has been your only drink..I am a ttc'er but friends of mine who are expecting still take the occasional glass of wine..maybe sometimes one a week.. is this really bad?
Perci Posts: 3847
I haven't had any alcohol since BFP and I'm not planning to have any either. To me it's not much to give up for 9 months but then again I haven't been gagging for it. I have a hen party on Sat night but I'm going to drive and I'll stick to the soft drinks, I think if I had one it'd go straight to my head cos I havn't drunk in so long anyway!
Shilanne Posts: 304
Hi Ellicat - I am now 21 weeks - and have been having a couple a week for the last while - I just plan when I can have it...again 0 if I go out I generally have bally Gowan - but with dinner vino..... thats the one thing I really missed at the start. The very 1st drop that passed my lips was a glass of cold Guinness - YUM !!! I have read opinions on alcohol on this site and its goes to teh xtreme in some cases where some girls take none - but its all entirely up to yourself.
Idina Posts: 1289
I haven't drank since my BFP and don't plan too until after baby (or after breast feeding if I can breast feed!)
DublinGal Posts: 151
I haven't had a drop since BFP, I am gagging for a glass of wine, but won't give in, at this stage I think its more the fact that I want to get to the end without having any. I think I am just being stubborn, as I know a small amount won't be bad. Roll on sept!!!! I am dying to go out for a meal with DH and downing a bottle all to myself!!!!!! I'll probably be pissed after one glass though and not want anymore!!!!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I had a longing for cold beer and I have had 1 can but felt guilty,I tried the non-alcohoic and it was vile so I feel its best to stay off it altogether...tried Guinness for bowel movements but couldnt stomach it so only had a few sips