Drinks at hotel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Peg Bundy Posts: 2515
Ok, spill the beans. Wot are we getting at your wedding?
snozberry Posts: 1212
tea and coffee for them :oops: . Champagne for us!!! :wink: Buying them all a drink on arrival. Wine with meal and a choice of drink for toast. Brothers are being trusted( :? ) to buy a few rounds at the bar during the course of the night too!!
deb0705 Posts: 55
Getting the tea/coffee and buck's fizz, aswell as bar extension, free as part of a special offer. FIL2B is bringing over lots of Champagne straight from the farm since he's from the region and has direct contacts. Will have wine for the meal put from the hotel instead of brought over since with corkage and transport it's just a lot easier. We tasted their red and thought it was lovely but I just hope it lives up to their Bordeaux/ Bourgogne standards their used to!
AGuest Posts: 1262
I went for this option - Tea/coffee, punch/pimms, and lots of wine. We know how to party!! but, we're actually having a champagne reception (we'll probably also have orange juice for those that aren't drinking - not sure how tea or coffee would go down if it's a hot summers day), then wine with the meal. For the toast people can have champagne, or a drink of their choice from the bar. After that they can pay for themselves!!
Mrs Darcee Posts: 188
Tea/Coffee or glass of champagne for arrival, Champagne for the toast and wine for the meal - thats enough I think !
yadayada Posts: 1066
Tea/ coffee/punch reception on arrival...as if anyone ever drinks the stuff but its included in the "package" Decided not to have wine with the meal as the majority of our guests don't drink it so instead we will have a drink of choice at the beginning of the meal. Hope to have the waiting staff ask "white wine,red wine or a drink from the bar". That way those who prefer wine with their meal can have one of the qtr bottles. Hopefully this will keep everyone happy :lol:
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Tea/Coffee and canopies on arrival Wine for meal Drink for toast!!!
Audrey Jane Posts: 26
Sangria reception on arrival, wine with meal, sparkling wine for toast. Our hotel charges €9.50 for wine corkage and €15.50 for champagne corkage. However, if we have sparkling wine for the toast they will charge us wine corkage. You can get really nice bubbly every bit as nice as champagne for around €20, so that's what we are going for (have family in the wine business so that makes it cheaper again!)
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
My god 9.50 corkage thats mad money, i hate seeing that. Our hotel doesent charge corkage but we cant bring our own wine. about €17-22 a bottle so probably works out the same!!!!
snozberry Posts: 1212
we've a good deal so. fiver a bottle for wine 7 for champers.