drinks reception music

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shersmay10 Posts: 319
Hi girls Can anyone recommend someone to play at my drinks reception in cork. I don't want a string quartet or anything like that, i'd love a really lively 1/2 piece that will get the place rocking, basically playing music people could dance to, everyone going to my wedding are young and lively and would kinda bop away listening to it. I was at a wedding up the country a while back and they had a guy who played all jazzy kinda music and people were up dancing thought it was brill. Unfortunately he doesn't travel. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks a mil
joker Posts: 2789
We are having a band called tropical storm.. as far as i know they are based in laois. they are travelling to our wedding in louth. They have a sister group called manilla strings... if you want the details PM me... think there are a few threads on WOL about them!
sandycove bride Posts: 98
I had the bugle babes, the are a three piece girl group that do 1940s covers and dress up in costume. They are lively and were a huge hit with all my friends, a class act, they were even on the late late show. They are Dublin based but traveled for our wedding in Castlemartyr, I would highly reccommend if you want something memorable and a little different. PM if you want details.
shersmay10 Posts: 319
hi girls, anyone got any suggestions from the munster area????
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hi there, I just pm'd you some ideas. Hope it helps! Sinead
mar-10 Posts: 53
Hi Sinead I'd also be interested in some idea's too
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hi I Just pm'd you.
MrsRich2B Posts: 240
[quote="petunia2010":22bhgilg]We are having a band called tropical storm.. as far as i know they are based in laois. they are travelling to our wedding in louth. They have a sister group called manilla strings... if you want the details PM me... think there are a few threads on WOL about them![/quote:22bhgilg] Hey Petunia2010 a friend of mine got these for their wedding and they are meant to be fab - really get the crowd going and stayed a lot longer than they had to! I want a trad band and am going to book the Dublin City folk!!!
makeupaddict Posts: 592
I like the idea of Tropical Storm but i've heard they are very expensive so i'd prefer a Cork version too so you wouldnt have to pay for travel costs.. If you find something shersmay10 can you let me know!
vidia Posts: 2960
Hi We're having Idol Bones for our drinks reception. We wanted a band that had a diverse set list and we booked them based on recommendations on this site and the set list on thier web http://www.idolbones.com/. I think they are from Limerick too so that would cut out the travel cost! Check out thier web site and best of luck with the search O-O