Driving License

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pricilla Posts: 1564
I can't find it and I also think it has expired. Does that mean I have to sit the test again? Where will I find out, I've no idea who to ask. Also, feel free to tell your driving test stories to make use out of the thread. My test was okay, but I wouldn't like to do it ever again. I nearly crashed on the way home from the test centre, thought I was the best driver ever! Eejit. [b:3es7l8sr]During his driving test, my next door neighbour knocked down and dog and got out of the car and ran away and didn't come back![/b:3es7l8sr] :o0
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
you can ring authority where you get your licence and they will tell you if it has expired, also you will only need to do the theory test again if licence is a couple of years expired. HTH
SecretBride Posts: 432
just send away for your license again...you shouldn't have to resit the test...
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
[quote="Pricilla":15a35f4e]I can't find it and I also think it has expired. Does that mean I have to sit the test again? Where will I find out, I've no idea who to ask. :o0[/quote:15a35f4e] your could try OT my mate once took the door off a hearse (coffin in back), in fairness to him ,the driver did not look in his mirror to see a 40 foot coming down the road ! He was mortified
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
If you have passed your test, I don't think you have to do it again, just apply for an updated licence. No horror stories on my test, although I nearly freaked when I saw my examiner coming towards my car, he was wearing a cap, I have a thing about men wearing hats in cars :-8
pricilla Posts: 1564
[quote="lippy":bvvxkej5] I nearly freaked when I saw my examiner coming towards my car, he was wearing a cap, I have a thing about men wearing hats in cars :-8[/quote:bvvxkej5] :o0 What's wrong with wearing a hat in a car? I can't laugh, I have a phobia about tinted glasses!
dreamer Posts: 3941
I did my test in Finglas, it was a really hot day so we both had the windows down and I was reversing around a corner there was a local Finglas man sitting on a wall advising me! Go on luv, you're grand, Back away dere, Yeah - dats it luv - keep going! Good girl! The tester just laughed and told me I had a fan there!!
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
This was ubder frequently asked questions on the website, so you should be fine. :wv [b:113663uu]Q.[/b:113663uu] For how long may the expiry date on a full driving licence have lapsed before you must undergo a further driving test in order to obtain another full driving licence? [b:113663uu]A.[/b:113663uu] Ten Years.
BMaid07 Posts: 189
as i sat in the test centre in rathgar waiting for my test, the prev group came back in. i had my back to the window when all of a sudden BAM! i hear this almighty crash behind me thankfully the windows were that re-inforced plastic like they have in schools so kids cant run through them, anyway the feckin eejit who had just gone and sat his test, pulled in and forgot to take the car out of gear before he took his foot off the brake. the bang i heard was the car slamming into the window/wall poor bastard. he ended up just running the length of the car park, then coming back and banging his head off the wall (literally) needless to say i failed after that. got such a fright. passed second time tho! thank feck - even with a tester in the back testing my tester! O:|
SaJa Posts: 4282
I sat my test in Skibbereen and had the nicest instructor in the world. I conked doing my 3 point turn and he took no notice. He told me exactly which exits to take on the roundabout and even pointed them out to me and when a child ran out in front of me and I had to brake really quickly, he told me that if I was going to hit him do it on the quiet road where no one can see me :eek Anyway, I passed. :o0