Menu

Driving on daddies lap .........................

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finished here Posts: 2860
Yesterday evening when I hopped off the train and ran through the car park to pick DS up from the creché I saw this car driving from the very end of the car park in an erratic manner, i could see what looked like a female driving it and a man in the back and I thought gosh strange time to be having a driving lesson in a car park when the train has just come in then as it and I got closer I realised it was a little girl sitting on her Dads lap steering the car :eek I was a bit shocked. I know we did this when we were kids but I really thought people knew better these days. What do you think - would you let your kid sit on your lap in the car ??? I mean is there anywhere safe to do this ?
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
My dad let us do this driving on the sand on Bull Island when there was no humans around - plus he held the steering wheel along with us! Doing it in a carpark where there are people and other cars though? And the erratic driving would imply the child was steering without anyone helping - sounds very dodge. Plus these days cars have airbags which go off so easily and which would kill a child if they are sitting in the driver seat on someones lap. Very very very stupid and dangerous.
Finished here Posts: 2860
[quote="Giant Underpants":3um31rfj]My dad let us do this driving on the sand on Bull Island when there was no humans around - plus he held the steering wheel along with us! Doing it in a carpark where there are people and other cars though? And the erratic driving would imply the child was steering without anyone helping - sounds very dodge. Plus these days cars have airbags which go off so easily and which would kill a child if they are sitting in the driver seat on someones lap. Very very very stupid and dangerous.[/quote:3um31rfj] Those were my thoughts - we used to do it with my Dad on the beach too when no one else was around I was so shocked to see the little girl in a car park yest eve. the passengers were just getting of the train it could have been so dangerous and yes i reckon she was steering !
dreamer Posts: 3941
Not in a car park anyway!!! We used to do this as kids but in a 5 acre field beside the farm!! Sounds a bit crazy to me!
mammybean Posts: 10364
dh would let ds sit on his lap if he was putting the car from beside the path into the drive way. but dh would be steering at all times. think he has only done this once or twice as he wouldnt often have to move the car. to do it in such a public place is complete madness