Driving question - sort of...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Is it 'I braked' or 'I broke' ?
MrsChuffed Posts: 872
To stop? I would have said 'I hit the brakes' or in some cases, 'I slammed on the brakes'
Well, what I actually DID was 'slam on the brakes' but for writing it down, which is it?
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Braked. Broke is the past tense of break, not brake.
Were you a witness to/involved in an accident Mrs. B?
Thanks Tokes, yeah I crashed the car pretty bad on Monday. I'm grand though, nobody was hurt, just made my car a little shorter.
I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you weren't hurt. The car is just metal at the end of the day, and that's why we pay insurance. It still sux, of course. Am I to assume that you're now looking for a new car, or will you stick with the flat-nosed beemer?
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="mrs. blues":1d4uv7v7]Thanks Tokes, yeah I crashed the car pretty bad on Monday. I'm grand though, nobody was hurt, just made my car a little shorter.[/quote:1d4uv7v7] You poor thing. I hope you are ok
Ah I'm grand, just got a shock - thanks marianf. I'm getting rid Tokes, I don't believe in bad luck usually but jebus that car has not been good for me. I'm driving h2bs jeep temporarily so I'm king of the Road. I'm kinda hoping it'll be a write off, but will find out tomorrow one way or another. I might get to fulfil my Lexus dream now, silver linings and all that.
[quote="mrs. blues":sk9kh46w] I might get to fulfil my Lexus dream now, silver linings and all that.[/quote:sk9kh46w] Exactly what I was thinking!! I'd be interested to hear how you'd compare the two.