DTD

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

black pearl Posts: 3513
Girls I need a bit of advice, with the current state of affairs for myself the threatend mc then all ok and then continous spotting and scans to say all ok, im absolutley petrified to DTD. Im afraid it will cause more spotting(read online it can), we get most of the way there and then I freeze, poor hubby he is just so patient, but am 8 weeks and wanna wait to get all clear @12 weeks (fingers crossed) do you think thats awful??? any advice please so I can get past this????? appreciate it! x
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I have no experience with spotting, so can't help you there. But I would advise to try and keep up as much 'loving' as you can, while you can! I can understand if you don't want to DTD because of the spotting / causing more, but maybe you could satisfy each other in other ways? My poor DH is being very patient, I did want to DTD but since a bit of a bump started to appear it has become more awkward (a lot of people have said this on here), and now with pressure building up down there (TMI) but I don't have the same sensation at all, so I'm lucky to get an orgasm at all lately ! I still give a few positions a try for DH's sake, and enjoy it but I know I'm not going to be totally satisfied with it right now! I find it a bit frustrating, especially as we had expected not to be DTD after the baby for a while, but we didn't think we'd run into complications before hand :o(
rosiemama Posts: 3363
i had a lot of heavy bleeding at 10 weeks which continued for 3 or 4 weeks. everything is ok, but both me and hubby don't want to dtd at all now. we do do other stuff for each other though :-8 its tough but i don't want to risk it. i don't know how long we'll be like this, probably until we get to our 22 week scan and if everything is ok then we might relax a little. i'm sure your dh understands..
black pearl Posts: 3513
thank you so much for the replies girls, makes me fell a bit more normal at least! I really appreciate it! xx