Menu

Dublin airport Security--- What security!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

joker Posts: 2789
Ok girls, Took a small trip to Edinbugh today, over n back in one day to see a friend of mine who had twins! I checked in on-line...[b:2oajye7l] Not ONCE [/b:2oajye7l]by Security, Getting on the plane in Dublin, Arriving in Edinburgh, Going through Edinburgh Security, Getting on the plane in edi, or in Dublin returning was my passport checked! I even had it open in Dublin and the man said 'I only need your boardind card!!' Although I am a holder of a vaild passport and my details on online check in were correct... As my photographic identity was [b:2oajye7l]not[/b:2oajye7l] checked [b:2oajye7l]ONCE[/b:2oajye7l] i could have been anyone! I could of been a terrorist with a stolen passport or a paedophile leaving the country or a fugitive from the law( extreme but possible!!!) I think its a disgrace, No point in checking for liquids over 100ml if you dont bloody check ID!!! O:| O:| O:|
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
And did you complain to anyone relevant or did you get straight onto the internet for a moan?
Funny enough lets go fly a kite,the whole point of my thread was that there was no one available had you read it rite! it was 5.30 am going through the airport and there was no one there to complain to or even to check my passport and also when i was back at 11.30 last nite funny enough there was no body around either... no one even at passport control! so no i didnt get straight on the net and moan, had there been anyone about/available i would have spoken to them.
molly moo Posts: 363
Myself & H2b are just back from Edinburgh tonight, we did the on line check in and our passports were checked going through the security gates, don't think they were checked in Edinburgh though on arrival and departure in Dublin but they were checked by the Garda Immigration desk on the arrival back to Dublin! Maybe you don't look as suspicious as me & H2b!!!! :o0
ntab Posts: 156
But it's the Common Travel Area, so you're not actually supposed to have to show your passport. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... and_the_UK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area I actually like that about travelling to the UK!
tilsun Posts: 4506
You don't need to show a passport but you do need to show a valid ID don't you? I find that shocking, has never happened to me
ntab - fair enough about the common travel area(You learn something new every day) But do you not think it would be safer for all passports/ids to be checked. As far as I'm aware going through security in dublin, they only wanted booking cards , they were not looking at any passports...
MeSB Posts: 3785
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
[quote="evey2010":2tayhkse]Funny enough lets go fly a kite,the whole point of my thread was that there was no one available had you read it rite! it was 5.30 am going through the airport and there was no one there to complain to or even to check my passport and also when i was back at 11.30 last nite funny enough there was no body around either... no one even at passport control! so no i didnt get straight on the net and moan, had there been anyone about/available i would have spoken to them.[/quote:2tayhkse] There are more ways of registering a complaint than moaning at the first person you see who 1. probably doesn't give a shit and 2. probably can't do anything if they did.
Lets go fly a kite, You do my head in , all you do is go from thread to thread trying to proke a reaction, Do you even have a wedding to plan - or is it that you just want to be the annoying fly around a dinner table that pisses everyone off. Go fly your kite somewhere else