Dublin bridal shops

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

so clueless Posts: 11
I was wondering which are the best shops for wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses in Dublin city center. I haven't even tried on a wedding dress yet, but want to go get some ideas with my BMs, when I'm home at christmas. If you just had a couple of hours to look around, which shops would you go to? Any advice would be appreciated.
Chickster Posts: 245
Bridal wraptures on Stephen’s green have a good selection of both but not cheap by any means. Town bride in Powerscourt town house is good as a starting base, he shows you the four different shapes of wedding dresses then works out which shape suits you best so you have a good basis for what type of dress to go for. You’ll need an appointment tho even for Sat. HTH
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
alexanders bridal in parnell street i found them really helpful
ginger nut Posts: 5989
house of fraser in dundrum SC are really helpful - open late in teh evenings too which is great for appointments after work etc. They have a good range of dresses. I went to Berkertex in Jervis SC and got my dress there - i was delighted with them - good range of dresses too Also agree bridal wraptures good - but the dresses didn't really suit me. Anabel Rose/Sharon Hoey - I found a bit snooty but friends of mine have gone there and been happy with the service. Went into Town bride in Powerscourt Townhouse - they had LOADS of dresses and the girl seemed really helpful.
so clueless Posts: 11
Thanks for the quick replies, that's great, I'll get on the phone tomorrow and make some appointments. Don't know how anyone planned a wedding before WOL. Thanks again
deedee27 Posts: 129
was in bridal heaven in swords yesterday, have a really good selection of both dresses and they were very helpful in there too!
ainm Posts: 2211
Bridal Designs in Aungier Street. Got my BM's dresses and they couldn't of been more helpful. They were great.
emma1980 Posts: 2219
perfection bridal crumlin....no appoint needed for saturday! O-O
Pat1 Posts: 11
try Pronuptia near jervis street, they have a great range of dresses in lots of different sizes which i found helpful. they also have an offer on at the moment where if you book your dress you get one bridesmaid dress free and a discount for mens hire. fab place worth a visit
emma1980 Posts: 2219
that offer must b doin the rounds in bridal shops...perfection bridal have that offer aswell :o)ll