Dublin creches - how much does yours cost?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hoping42 Posts: 536
Just wondering what people out there are paying to have 1 child in the creche full time. I have been looking at websites and they don't give this info so I was just wondering what the norm is :wv
marriedLife Posts: 1881
I haven't got one in a creche yet - but two friends have - one is paying €1000 and another is paying €965 - both for babies - think it's cheaper then once they reach one??
maryalice1 Posts: 268
Hiya I have visted two creches in the last couple of weeks and they are both costing €890 Full time. Some are flexible with part time. I have yet to discuss these rates with them.
fifibelle Posts: 4447
I have booked a 3 day week in my local creche (Firhouse) and it is costing €150 per week which works out at €600 per month. Full time in that creche costs €220 per week.
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Our creche for DD costs E929 per month As far as I know most of them are around the 900 to 1000 mark full time
Bright Flower Posts: 483
I've looked at about 6 creches around Sandyford and all charge between 950 and 1100 per month. Same for babies and toddlers.
Mrs Brightside Posts: 447
PrincessLea Posts: 436
My god, that's really expensive isn't it??! That means that after paying the creche I'll have only a couple of hundred more left over than if I was on the dole!!! What are the other alternatives? How much would it cost to leave my baby with a daycare/nanny type person? Also, should I really be starting to look into these things in earnest already? I'll be due back in work after maternity leave around beginning of March next year.
marriedLife Posts: 1881
Sorry I can't help you on the exact cost of child minders but I know a friend of mine looked into it and she only had one child - and she said a child minder only really works out cheaper if you have more than one child because creches more or less charge double where as a child minder doesn't. She said the ones she looked at where looking for around €50 a day - but in saying that that is just from her experience you could have people on here with different prices. The only way I think you can get cheap childcare is if you have a family member willing to mind them I think
babychino Posts: 634
Ours will cost €950 per month, it reduces slightly as baby gets older. I priced around the Swords/Malahide area and the prices are all similar.