Dublin Gospel Choir - amazing!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TickledPink Posts: 338
Hi All, Just wanted to say, that myself and my H2B went to the 'Taster Session' of the Dublin Gospel Choir today - and we were blown away!! There was five singers and one lady on a piano and they sang parts of lots of songs for different parts of the ceremony - entrance/psalm/offertory etc etc. It lasted an hour and it really gave a sense of what to expect. We booked them straight away for our wedding. They were lovely to deal with. For anyone debating about choosing a choir - go for it! And defo check our the DGC! O Happy Day!! (sorry cheesy I know but I am really excited again about the whole wedding!!) :wv :o0 :o0 :wv
ms-not-mrs!! Posts: 287
Hey, yeah i heard DGC are amazing...but really expensive too...we were quoted €250 a head...is that right?? How many of them do you have to get? I'd love a gospel choir!!
OAT Posts: 2207
I have the Dublin Gospel Choir booked for my wedding but didn't know of any 'Taster Session' >:o( :o( would have loved to go. How did you hear of this? I might email them
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Hi all - have read lots of really good reviews of the DGC on WOL but I thought that I would add my own experience into the mix - particularly for people who haven't heard them before booking. We had them for a work do last year - black tie awards ceremony - and I have to say we were far from impressed. They sang off key and couldn't hold the attention of the room at all. Granted having them in a church will be different then in front of 600 people in a ballroom but I still thought it fair to share my experience also!
2009BrideToBe09 Posts: 155
Hi everyone, I didnt realise they did taster sessions, does anyone know when the next one is!?
FabFaces Posts: 5
Hi Was at a wedding this week where the DGC sang, all I can say is AMAZING!! They really added to the ceremony & all the guests were talking about them. I'd say if you can afford to go for them do, well worth it.
Picasso Posts: 645
They usually announce the demo sessions on their website. We had DGC at our wedding and they were amazing. They sang 'My life, my love, my all' when I walked up the aisle. It still gives me goosebumps listening to it...check it out on youtube (ignore the guy talking over it :o0 )
Hi, I got quoted 185 Euro a person. They suggest four singers and one musician. But you can have more than that if the budget allows! I found out about the Taster Session on WOL another bride was talking about it. I think they try to do them every month?? They play in their usual church every two weeks. Here is their website where you can get the info: We had a chat with one of the singers after the performance and she said that if you like particular singers then you can request that they perform at the wedding. There was one girl who had the most AMAZING voice, she was an Irish girl but I swear she had the booming voice of a Big Mama! Fab Fab Fab! (Needless to say we requested her!). :wv
OAT Posts: 2207
[quote="TickledPink":25w3h55f]Hi, I got quoted 185 Euro a person. They suggest four singers and one musician. But you can have more than that if the budget allows! I found out about the Taster Session on WOL another bride was talking about it. I think they try to do them every month?? They play in their usual church every two weeks. Here is their website where you can get the info: We had a chat with one of the singers after the performance and she said that if you like particular singers then you can request that they perform at the wedding. There was one girl who had the most AMAZING voice, she was an Irish girl but I swear she had the booming voice of a Big Mama! Fab Fab Fab! (Needless to say we requested her!). :wv[/quote:25w3h55f] Do you know her name?
Emma - she was the complete star. But they were all good in fairness. There was a guy as well and he added a great quality to the sound. They said afterwards that they try and include a guy in the lineup but if no guy is available then the replace him with two women that can sing the low notes. :wv