Dublin hotels for the O2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Maggy Posts: 261
Hi all, Heading to the big smoke in November to see Michael McIntyre and looking into hotels. DHs parents are coming too so need cheap and cheerful and parking would be a bonus as we'll prob drive. DH is looking at the Clarion and Jurys Inn Custom House, I'm wondering if these are a bit far out. In-laws going to see MM Saturday night and we're going Sunday night ( I bought Sat night tickets first but bad seats way up in the back. Then he announced Sunday night and I got good seats! Giving the Sat night tickets to in-laws as Christmas present!)
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
The Clarion and Jury's are pretty much as close as you can get when it comes to cheap and cheerful. They're about a 10 minute walk away. The only one nearer is The Gibson which is literally about 10 steps from The O2 but I'd doub it's cheap.
Maggy Posts: 261
Thanks Dolly, Phrased my initial questions badly, when I say i'm worried they're a bit far, I meant far from the city if me and DH go out on the Saturday night.
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
Oh right, not they're not far from the city. They're both a walkable distant (although maybe not in heels!) but it'd only be maybe €5/€6 for a taxi from Temple Bar area to either hotel.
streaks Posts: 3592
You could try the Gibson, so etimes they have room only rates for €99. the Luas stops right at the door and brings you right onto o conn ell street. If your out late maybe grab a taxi home, wouldn't be more than a fiver I'd say :wv