Menu

Duck egg blue paint!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LadyLucy Posts: 29
Has anyone ever painted any walls in their house a duck egg blue colour? If so, what paint did you use? I want to paint one wall in our bedroom this colour but I can't find anything I really like, except for something in the 'Kitchens' range from Dulux. Can this range be used in bedrooms?! The other blues are more of a sky/baby blue rather than duck egg.
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Hi, Not sure if it's what you're looking for but when we were doing up our bedroom we wanted to go with a duck-egg blue theme & I'd terrible trouble finding a proper colour. In the end I went with one from Colortrend called "old blue". We lasted about a year with it & gave in and bought a beautiful wallpaper from Laura Ashley in a lovely duck egg colour instead and just did a feature wall and then added accessories in duck egg instead. One word of warning - I bought the B&Q "duck egg" colour thinking "sure that'll be perfect".....it looked like a horrible mint green up on the wall :-8
yippeeme Posts: 2139
Our sitting room is a duck egg blue colour either side of the chimney breast. Found it really hard to get a nice duck egg blue colour, but in the end we went for Colour Trend Historic Collection in Greengauge. it was the best duck egg colour by far that i could find! HTH :wv
Dollydel Posts: 1726
We painted our spare bedroom Little Blue, very similar to Duck Egg Blue from the My Space dulex range. Done one wall silver can't remember the name of the exact colour. The room turned out really well we put a white bed and locker in also.
atina Posts: 2240
Home base do their own brand duck egg...its lovely and cheaper then others
bettyandclive Posts: 233
I just painted a room with Laura Ashley duck egg and it's gorgeous. I tried sample after sample of other brands but nothing compared. There are two shades don't pick the pale one. There was a sale on recently I think I got it for around 50.
betty draper Posts: 728
my kitchen is a duck egg colour. Got a dulux one made up its highland falls 3 or 4 - whichever is darker. turned out fantastic!
Twirl Posts: 5598
I have my spare room painted purple and i am mad to change it to Duck Egg i just love the colour, it is so rich and inviting looking. It does mean however that i will have to get new curtains and get rid of my fab julian macdonald cushion but other than that have the white bed, white linen and ready to go.
BallerinaBride09 Posts: 610
We painted our nursery in duck egg. We bought a good few samples and found that Laura Ashley 'Pale Duck Egg' was almost identical to Homebase Sanctuary 'Escape'. Now the quality of the Laura Ashley paint was probably better but we went for Homebase as it was literally half the price. Really happy with the colour, it's so calm. If you really want to blow the budget Farrow and Ball paints are gorgeous and have really rich undertones - they would definitely have a good duck egg.
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Yeah my sitting room is duck egg blue with cream, can't for the life of me remember the name of the paint, it was Dulux I think. Got matching curtains and cushions in Argos.