Due date approaching from MMC

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happymammy09 Posts: 318
Hi, Dont know where to post this to be honest. I just want to know did any one else feel like this. I had a missed mc at nearly 12 weeks in Sept. I was in a pretty bad way after until Oct and got pregnant then in November. I have been grand and keep telling myself to be positive and have been until last Friday. I should have been starting my maternity leave and just got upset. I know I should be really happy with my little ds and that i am pg again and i am but i still feel so upset and the pain i get when i think of the miscarriage really upsets me. nobody understands me, i dont think i do either! Just wondering how people feel near the due date after miscarriage. thanks for reading and sorry if i am offending anyone. :thnk :thnk
Elegance Posts: 2848
I'm so sorry you are having a hard time at the moment. How you feel is totally natural. I felt the very same way too. I had a mmc on my first pregnancy and when my due date came for her, although I was pg, I grieved. It's totally natural to grieve that loss and still be happy for your new pg. Dh and I marked the due date for our little baby we lost. It was private, but it gave us some closure. i still think of our little angel that didn't make it into this world, i'll never forget her, but i'm so grateful for my little dd that's here now. i couldn't imagine life without her, she's my world. cheesy but true! it will get easier, i promise you. try to talk to your dh about how you feel. thinking of you, :xox
mommylicious Posts: 836
I mark the due date of every mc I've had. Just a little thing, light a candle or something like that. It's very personal and my oh doesn't remember the dates they were due, but he knows the time and knows that I'll probably be down for a few days. I think every woman feels like that no matter how many children you have had since or had before. I'm so very grateful for this little one I'm carrying now, but I'll always remember my little ones that came before too. Hope you are ok and let yourself be a bit sad, it's doesn't make the little one you have now any less special, talk to your oh, they're great really. :action32
Littlepud Posts: 945
i hope you dont mind me posting because i havent had a MC but my best friend went through 2 before she had her DS. I know how heart broken she was. Herself and her OH planted a little tree for each angel in their garden so they could always remember them and have somewhere to visit when they felt down. she said it helped her a lot O:o)
puglady Posts: 156
I know exactly how you feel happymammy. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in November 09 and our baby's due date was the day of DP's brother's wedding :o( . I didn't even tell anyone on that side of the family about the miscarriage cos I didn't want them to ask about the due date and put a dampner on the wedding. It was such a lonely day for me :o( All I can say is it's hard but you'll get through it. I got pregnant the month after my miscarriage and now I just feel it was all worth it. I have this beautiful little girl that never would have been here if it wasn't for the miscarriage. I still feel sad for the baby we lost but I wouldn't swap my little girl for the world :lvs. (I hope this doesn't offend anyone but it's just the way I feel.)