Due Date Query

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

1happywife Posts: 248
Hi guys all confused with my EDD and wonder if any of ye can give me a hand. Dr gave me EDD of Dec 17th, the first day of my last AF was March 12th however I did not ovulate until day 23 of my cycle so is my EDD that the Dr gave me a week out. Dying to know :-8 Hope this post makes sense :-8
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I'd go with the ovulation EDD if you know it for definite ... you'll get a better idea later on when you have your scan as they'll be able to measure the baby.
Wanna Bump Posts: 117
I told my GP I was 100% sure of OV date which was 4th / 5th April so he went from that and gave me EDD 29th / 30th December 2009. So i think this means I'm 2 weeks and 3 days pregnant.. :-8 so will be Month 1 on Sunday 3rd May.. I think??? Like you I hate not knowing for sure. If there is somebody out there that knows how this works for sure that would be excellent!!
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
[quote="Wanna Bump":iqj8hwvv]I told my GP I was 100% sure of OV date which was 4th / 5th April so he went from that and gave me EDD 29th / 30th December 2009. So i think this means I'm 2 weeks and 3 days pregnant.. :-8 so will be Month 1 on Sunday 3rd May.. I think??? Like you I hate not knowing for sure. If there is somebody out there that knows how this works for sure that would be excellent!![/quote:iqj8hwvv] Your "weeks pregnant" is actually taken from the first day of your last period ... so by the time you miss your period, you are normally "four weeks" but in reality you've only been pregnant for two weeks, if you know what I mean? It's a bit confusing but you get used to it - basically you just write off the first two weeks as you weren't pregnant then!
Wanna Bump Posts: 117
Ah makes more sense now thanks hopingforsoon :thnk So I'm actually 4 weeks and 3 days :o)ll Oh cool that's even better!! :o0
gemini chica Posts: 2581
Based on Ov on 4th/5th your due date is December 26th/27th. I had this question too and basically a fetus grows for 38 weeks in total and the other 2 weeks are made up of the first 2 were the egg is basically been made so everytime count from the 2 weeks before the 5th is the best idea (22nd March) so that would make you 4+4 today! Where reading books/websites etc refer now to yourself as 4+4 (we have to forget the other 2 wks!!)
God it is confusing :o0 Think I have it now I will be 5 weeks on friday :o)ll :o)ll Thanks a million guys ye are a great help as I was getting myself all confused :-8 Hi wanna bump I ovulated on the 3rd and my Doc gave me EDD of 17th even when I told him that I was certain when I ovulated and you ovulated on 4th/5th and you were given way EDD 29th/30th Dec your dates make more sense definately Edited to add my baby gaga ticker is now incorrect as it went on date of my last period will change it after scan when I know for sure :o)ll :o)ll
snowbear Posts: 2107
Toblerone Posts: 2698
[quote="1happywife":2zjt2b3r]Hi guys all confused with my EDD and wonder if any of ye can give me a hand. Dr gave me EDD of Dec 17th, the first day of my last AF was March 12th however I did not ovulate until day 23 of my cycle so is my EDD that the Dr gave me a week out. Dying to know :-8 Hope this post makes sense :-8[/quote:2zjt2b3r] I was 100% sure when I ov'ed as I was using fertilty friend. Doctor told me to go with the earlier date in order to get the hospital/scan which I did but in my head I was always thinking the later date. I had an early scan yesterday which actually confirmed the earlier date from my last AF and i really thought i was a week later. Your dates will be changed up and down throughout, (from what i've worked out) but the early scans usally are more correct. HTH
Thanks a mill guys I really cant wait for my first scan :o)ll :o)ll based on my ovulation date I am due 24th/25th Dec anytime will do as long as baby arrives safe and healthy thanks again guys for help hope all your pregnancies are going well