Due Period while on Honeymoon

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
Hi Wollies, Weird question I know but just wondering what you are doing about your monthly cycles and timing of wedding and honeymoon. I came off pill about a year ago and have just started back to regular periods, usually beginning of the month which is when I will be honeymoon, I dont want to have it while on hm, can I do anything to miss it??? Hold off for a month?
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
I was due my period on my honeymoon, and the only I did to stop it was to take two pill packs , back to back, with no break inbetween .
MrsOC2012 Posts: 595
I'd be interested to know this as well. I'd love to come off the pill a few months before the wedding to optimise our chances of getting pregnant as soon as possible. But I can't see how I could possibly avoid having my period either at the wedding or during the honeymoon which I really want to avoid!!! >:o)
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
You can ask your GP for a course of progesterone pills to delay your period - you start taking them a few days before it's due and continue them through the honeymoon, once you stop them you'll get a period a few days later.
MrsOC2012 Posts: 595
[quote="Flower Girl":iakqw1ls]You can ask your GP for a course of progesterone pills to delay your period - you start taking them a few days before it's due and continue them through the honeymoon, once you stop them you'll get a period a few days later.[/quote:iakqw1ls] thanks flowergirl, that's interesting! Do you know they affect your fertility, i.e. can you get pregnant while taking them?
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
You wouldn't get pregnant while taking them, but they shouldn't have any effect on your fertility beyond that cycle - there's nothing unfortunately (that I know of!) that will stop your period coming but still let you get pregnant.
Makka Pakka Posts: 620
I was due my period on honeymoon, but after all the wedding stress and flying long haul etc, it was delayed anyway! It only arrived on the last few days which was grand :o)ll :o)ll
iuil1999 Posts: 172
I have irregular periods so when I was going on honeymoon the doctor prescribed me a tablet called Primulot. I started taking it 2 days before our wedding and continued taking it until the last day of our honeymoon. My period arrived about 2 days after I stopped taking it. I also took it a few years ago when going to Oz for a month. HTH.
ginger power Posts: 1632
[quote="Daisyboo":26tic2pi]I was due my period on my honeymoon, and the only I did to stop it was to take two pill packs , back to back, with no break inbetween .[/quote:26tic2pi] am planning to do this too, :-8
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Theres a pill you can get off your doctor and you take it a couple of days before your AF is due and durning your that week to stops your period from coming HTH O:o)